What uo you most dislike about your Qashqai??

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Deleted User 3871

Post by Deleted User 3871 »

Conrail, why choose that name? I would have thought snowdrop would have been perfect :)
conrail wrote: Sat Sep 26, 2020 2:03 pmthanks MikeGC

Weasel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Weasel »

That trail of water left behind in the middle of the screen by the wipers.
19 plate 1.5dCi n-connecta in Magnetic Red
koko
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by koko »

B Ogbrush wrote: Sun Mar 10, 2019 11:05 am I'll start the ball rolling with a couple:

I OWN THIS VEHICLE so why am I prevented from permanently turning OFF the stop-start feature? I think this puts undue stress on the starting system leading to premature failure of some components (battery, starter motor ETC) which far outweighs (in repair costs) the saving made on fuel.

The rain sensing wipers are a joke in intermittent mode, sometimes wiping when no rain is present and at others not wiping during heavy rain.

BTW my car is a 2016 Tekna model.
What are the main reasons why Nissan Qashqai owners dislike the stop-start feature and the rain-sensing wipers? please let me know, I know this is an old discussion but the answer to my question is very important I am appealing to the admin. Please approve my post, Thanks
icesteelman
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by icesteelman »

@koko
I have a J11b 2020 N-Connecta and with the Stop/Start my concern is the repeated load on the battery. My previous 2017 N-Connecta killed the battery after around 15,000 miles and 2 years of use which doesn't seem very good to me. Fortunately failed at home but inconvenient never-the-less. I now make sure (99% on the time) to disable this when setting out.
The auto wipers are clueless most of the time. They either fail to operate unless on the highest setting or once started will go to the fastest speed when not really required. Spend all my time either manually operating the wipers "intermittently" or having them on manual mode.
2020 Gunmetal Grey N-Connecta Dig-T 1.3 140 manual, Glass Roof
2017 Ink Blue N-Connecta 1.6 dCi Manual 4WD with Comfort and Heat Packs