Nissan reducing Spec?

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Smithy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Smithy »

I am in the process of ordering a new Tekna +. However the dealer(s) have just told me (today) that Nissan have rationalised the range down to three versions: Acenta Premium, N-Connector and N-Motion (N-Motion now being the top of the Qashqai range). They showed me a Nissan bulletin (entitled MY20 Line Up - Euro 6d Full) which showed the spec for each car. According to this the N Motion has19" wheels, the pan roof, heated and leather seats of the Tekna + BUT has no safety shield equipment which means no blind spot monitoring, no cross traffic alert, no moving object detection, parking assist. In addition pro pilot seems to have been removed as well. I find this hard to believe as Nissan has always been big on safety equipment. The dealer was surprised as well but said that was the latest information he had and added that any orders for a Tekna or Tekna plus would be registered as an order for an N-Motion. Does anybody have any information to the contrary?

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

May be best ringing around to find a dealer with a Tekna+?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum

Nissan have a habit of changing the spec every now and then. I was never sure whether my Tekna had a standard-fit panoramic roof or an optional one!

There was a similar story on this forum about a fortnight ago - but I thought from memory the reduced available range was different to the one you've quoted. Let me see if I can find it.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

I think this was the post I was thinking of:
peter212693 wrote: Sat Aug 29, 2020 7:07 pm Thanks for all your help. I went to the dealers today to test the 1.3 140 and was really impressed with it so much so I ordered one! Had already spoke to them about a deal so was quick and easy. I went for a Tekna but they are changing the spec apparently and will now be fitting the nappa leather to the Tekna and ditching the Tekna +. You do loose the Bose speakers but I think that's a fair trade!

Only problem is I have to wait 8 weeks for delivery as there is a bit of a back log.
... but there's also this one:

viewtopic.php?t=10084

Some of the Facts :
1. What has come to light is that Nissan appear to be discontinuing the existing QQ Range and are introducing a New Range called SHIRO (Acenta Premium - Basis) / ZAMA (N-Connecta Basis) / AKARI (Tekna Basis). Therefore the Visia / N-Way / N-Tec / Tekna + will no longer be available.
2. As from October 20 only two Engine Options will be available : 1.3L DIG-T 140PS 6MT & the 1.3L DIG-T 160PS DCT. Both will be produced to meet EURO 6D FULL Specs.
3. No Diesels available.
4.There are some QQ Spec Changes also such as :
ZAMA inc Full LED Headlights / AKARI inc Premium BOSE System / ProPILOT, Pro Packet, Safety Shield, Dynamic Packet, Heated Windscreen are no longer available for all models.
5. Tekna has Black Nappa Leather with 3D Quilting, Electrical y Adjusted Front Seats, Electric Driver Lumber Support, Memory Seat & Mirror Function.
6. Not sure if the Color Coded Sides as on the Tekna + will still be used or is it Back to Black ?

The whole situation seems very confused...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The downloadable brochure is dated November 2019 so no help there!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Smithy, firstly welcome to the Forum. The post that “Gloucester” has posted is the one that raised the issues on the Changes of the QQ Specs. and the information was obtained from Germany and the UK. It appears that Dealers know what’s what with the name changes and reduced Specs. I was at our Dealers yesterday and asked about new Brochures or Website Info’ from Nissan, answer was at present there is nothing.
It is not “Confusing” as the Dealers have the Facts from Nissan and know what particular model has what, it most likely means sitting down with your Dealer and “Configuring” your Spec. The Dealers Know whats on as they have had to inform Customers who have ordered the “Older” models that are no longer available and need cancelling and then re-ordering to the new Specs.
Again it might well be worth looking around for older models still around at possibly discount prices, but check the Specs - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Smithy

Post by Smithy »

Thank you for your replies. There appears to be some light at the end of this particular tunnel. I was initially given the info that Gloucester posted. Since then I have been given an updated set of info by my dealer. If I haven't made a hash of things I have attached the info to this post. I guess my main beef with Nissan is the inconsistency of information. Their customer services is still saying I can order a Tekna. On top of that I cant believe they have removed the safety shield and pro-pilot specs - to mind my they were the features that raised Qashqais above the competition - oh well, its back to the test drive circuit for me.

Qashqai Range.JPG

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Smithy, Thanks for Posting that information that is just the information that is required to keep the Members informed. I will send this immediately to our Dealer here just to nudge him along. This is the sort of information that is very worthwhile and why the original post was put together Facts ! - Thanks again Dave 👍
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Please note that my use of the word "confused" was made in the context of Nissan's website promoting the existing line-up - and in particular the N-Tec which is apparently no longer available? And ProPILOT - ditto

n-tec.JPG

redqashqai

Post by redqashqai »

It is confusing because we have had to keep digging to get to this 3 trim level line up and we still don't know if the n-motion will have the full body colour as per the tekna+. We assume it won't alongside the other spec omissions.
What is clear is that the 3 Japanese style names often quoted will not be used in the UK.
Current: 2020 1.3 DIG-T QQ NTEC - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 10.20.
Previous: 2018 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11b - Magnetic Red - delivered 09.18.
Previous: 2016 1.2 DIG-T QQ N-Connecta - Manual J11a - Flame Red - delivered 04.16.