iPhone XR and USB Connection

ICE, Equipment, Options
Marv60
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Marv60 »

Hi all, I was wondering if anyone has an 18 Plate Qashqai and an iPhone XR and uses the USB connection without issue. Both myself and my wife have the XR and we can't use the USB connection in the car at all as it constantly connections and disconnections to the head unit. We have tried different leads (genuine apple leads and cheap ones from the internet) and we always get the same result. We have had the phones checked with Apple and Apple cannot find any fault with the phones. The dealership has had our car on serval occasions and cannot find a fault with it, first they thought it was the leads we were using and not the car, second time they told us there was no issue at all, third time we were told the head unit had the wrong software and a claim was made through warranty, car went in for the head unit to be replaced only for another technician tell us that this probably would not fix the problem and it was the leads, showed them the videos and report from apple as we believe it wasn't and they he changed his mind and thought it was the USB port itself so changed that out and that didn't fix the problem. He then test it with iPhones from staff at the dealership (7's, 8's XR's and the 11) and it appears the problem is only associated with the iPhone XR. He has gone to Nissan and we are currently awaiting for them to come back. I'd be amazed if its only the XR that has this issue with the Qashqai but wanted to see if anyone else has experienced this issue and if you have then has it been resolved? Sorry for the long post for my 1st post to the forum.

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum.

I didn't have a J11b and hence didn't have Android Auto/CarPlay. However I do with the present car and like you was always having problems connecting my Samsung S8 to Android Auto. In the end I found a short (300mm) lead that works most of the time. Even the one supplied with the phone didn't work.

However from what you say it's possibly some quirk of the XR. Let's see if anyone on here has one...
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Wingers66

Post by Wingers66 »

Hi, I’ve just taken delivery of a 2019 Qashqai Tekna and I’ve also been having issues with Apple CarPlay, I have an IPhone XS and had no issues setting up and all worked ok for a couple days, now the connection is only okay for between 5-15 minutes then it just stops working, the Apple CarPlay symbol sometimes greys out and it’s like it’s disconnected, other times the CarPlay symbol is still lit but there’s no response, both times the phone is still charging on the usb connection. I’ve tried several cables and double checked all the settings in the iPhone But it’s getting frustrating now, I haven’t been to a Nissan dealer yet but thought I’d see if there was any info on here. Thanks for reading.

Paul.
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

What I noticed when I first started using CarPlay on my 2019 Tekna and my iPhone 7 was that if I had the engine running and the phone unlocked CarPlay worked every time.
Don’t know if this will help but probably worth a try
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Tiernan

Post by Tiernan »

Am having problems with iPhone XS disconnecting from system but not from the power. Did anyone find a solution thanks
Marv60

Post by Marv60 »

Afraid not. We got nowhere. Nissan blames the phones and Apple blames the head unit. Hugely disappointed with Nissan as we have videos showing this happening with multiple Apple products, but seems to fall on deaf ears.
Tiernan

Post by Tiernan »

Thanks for the reply
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

I just got an XR for work and have tried it out on one journey of 15 mins... no dropouts for me. I used the apple power lead.

Headunit is at version 0821.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

This is a really old post. I am no Electronics Boffin but I found these articles (US?) but am not sure if these will help you, but they just might be worth a read after so long you might pick something up - Dave 🤨

How To Connect/Pair iPhone XS, XS Max, and XR | Rairdon's Nissan of Auburn : https://www.nissanofauburn.com/how-to-c ... xr-nissan/

How to fix an Apple iPhone XR that won't sync to a Car Bluetooth System [Troubleshooting Guide] : https://www.ikream.com/iphone-xr-that-w ... stem-31100

How to connect your iPhone, iPad or iPod touch to your car – Apple Support : https://support.apple.com/en-gb/HT203412
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Same here. J11b and iPhone Xr and no issues whatsoever.

Kr
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS