Airbag light not illuminating at ignition

ICE, Equipment, Options
Pantlessnoodle
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by Pantlessnoodle »

Hello all,

I'm driving a 2009 5 seater 1.6 petrol qashqai.
I seem to have failed an NCT as it is known here in Ireland, the equivalent to MOT in UK on the airbag light. It appears though it doesn't illuminate when ignition is turned on. Ran a diagnostic tool and it said fault with the srs module. Replaced it and still has the issue. Any ideas or thoughts are greatly appreciated. Thanks all ☺️

DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Welcome to the Forum ! Take a look at this attachment it might need a Reset and see if this helps - Dave 😉

2006-2019 Nissan Qashqai SRS Airbag Light Reset : https://enginepartsdiagram.com/2019-nis ... ght-reset/
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Pantlessnoodle

Post by Pantlessnoodle »

DaveBerlin wrote: Wed Nov 18, 2020 1:43 pm Welcome to the Forum ! Take a look at this attachment it might need a Reset and see if this helps - Dave 😉

2006-2019 Nissan Qashqai SRS Airbag Light Reset : https://enginepartsdiagram.com/2019-nis ... ght-reset/
Hi Dave,
Thanks for the reply! I actually tried that also with no luck. The light seems to not come on at all during the ignition period and shows nothing. I'm rather stumped. It's hardly the LED on the instrument cluster thats gone. Would be super rare.
Pantlessnoodle

Post by Pantlessnoodle »

Ok so figured this out and said I'd post here so if anyone else comes looking it might help them. Turns out myself and a friend pulled the instrument cluster out and someone who previously had the car had taped up the airbag light. It was working the whole time but there is a fault however the light is on now and working as intended.