Signs of a faulty bcm?

ICE, Equipment, Options
DaggertTKJ
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by DaggertTKJ »

Hi All
New on this site, figured might be some experts that could help me, as my local dealer has pretty much given up.
I have a QQ Tekna from june 2014 and are experiencing lots of faulty problems.
I've browsed tons of forums, threads and google searches, but can not figure out what the signs of a faulty BCM is.

Here is a list of my issues, however whether or not they are related I do not know.
x. Stop/start is constantly malfunctioning, switching it off and then on.
x. Keyless system is prompting "invalid key". (new batteries in keys installed only months ago, and did not do anything on this)
x. Rear interior lights stopped working, bulbs changed even though old ones where not faulty
x. driver seat warmer is not working, however passenger is working.

Dealer has change the glowplugs, as there where also some problems on the aut. p-brake.
Futhermore I've checked all fuses, but none are blown.
I've been wondering whether or not to try an update on the firmware, as this is showing D024 - and I can see that the latest version is 605.
Also checking some manual I found, I can see that my GPS-tracking is stating "NO-FIX", and satellites visible is 0 (should as I understand be at least 4) - where the update should make the GPS-tracking be "3D-FIX", and at least 4 satellites visible.

I hope anyone care to comment on the above mentioned - whether or not anyone thinks the BCM could be the problem - and also whether or not anyone would find that it might help updating the firmware.

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

BCM controls many things.
How old and what make is the main 12v car battery? Has it been tested for correct capacity?

Interior lights are dimmed etc by the front rain and light sensor via BCM. Are the front ones working ok?
GPS will struggle if insufficient Sats recognised. A software update is a good idea.

Seat Heater needs to be checked as regards power supply from switch and heater resistance to begin with. Do the switch LEDs illuminate? This is not controlled by BCM, just a single 15A fuse for both seats.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
DaggertTKJ

Post by DaggertTKJ »

calnorth wrote: Thu Jan 07, 2021 10:57 am BCM controls many things.
How old and what make is the main 12v car battery? Has it been tested for correct capacity?

Interior lights are dimmed etc by the front rain and light sensor via BCM. Are the front ones working ok?
GPS will struggle if insufficient Sats recognised. A software update is a good idea.

Seat Heater needs to be checked as regards power supply from switch and heater resistance to begin with. Do the switch LEDs illuminate? This is not controlled by BCM, just a single 15A fuse for both seats.
Hi there - thank you for commenting.

1) Battery was replaced 2 years ago, and has been tested this summer - capacity should be fine.
2) front interior lights are working just fine - I have just had the rear lights taken out and accidently placed a screwdriver on the socket causing a small spark - so might just be both lamps in back that has been short-circuited somehow?
3) I will try the update - hopefully dont cause any other problems :)
4) When turning on, either low og high, the lights do illuminate.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

1. Tricky Key security/Start Stop problems are often battery related. Only Nissan can check those functions fully with their special test box (CONSULT), but they can't say they don't know. Go elsewhere....and/or complain to Nissan Customer Services UK.

2. Can't see that bulbs would blow by a short...its a simple 12v system. One 10A fuse is common to both front/rear interior lamps. Wiring problem?

3. Recommend leave software update till other faults fixed. Power has to be steady/reliable for this.

4. It needs some simple electrical tests.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Nissan could of atleast provided you with a DTC printout.

Heated seats arent controlled by the bcm probably a separate fault there

The rear interior lamps are known for causing issues try putting a test an incandescent test light between the two pins at the connector of the lamp if it lights then it's the lamp that faulty if it doesnt check the fuse and go from there

Does the key fob buttons activate the central locking? Does it say invalid key until you present the key to the start stop button? Does it happen with both keys? Does the engine? Could just be a defective key.

Start stop malfunction is usually accompanied with a DTC in one or more modules and if it isnt then I'd be checking a the type I'd in the IPDM and the configuration in the BCM which your nissan dealer can do if they know how, they should. A DTC print out would be nice.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

If Nissan run diagnostics again they may wish to charge you again. I've had that game with BMW along with attempted charging for extended diagnostic procedure. Extended Diagnostics = Loud Alarm Bells. Refuse and ask for the diagnostic file or printout PDQ "please".

Formal details, not verbiage, of all procedures undertaken would be useful.

Seems to me that some of them consider all owners to be thick. Probably true in the case of corporate customers.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
A1dogman

Post by A1dogman »

I have exactly the same issues what was the result? Was it the BCM?
bilalahmadbacha
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by bilalahmadbacha »

Hi can anyone please help and recommend a solution in Oxford?

I have Nissan Qashqai 2012 1.6 dci.

I was changing the interior view mirror while accidentally damaged the windscreen, all of a sudden car stopped functioning and steering wheel is also locked, key doesn’t even work nor central locking. Please see below some codes has been diagnosed.

B2193 CAN COMM circuit

U1000 Chain OF BCM-ECM

B2194 Discord BCM-I-KEY

Can someone please help? I gave up as contacted almost 100 people but no one knows the answer. Please contact me at +44 7494 612982 if anyone can help.