Alert: Amazon Prime Auto Renewal Scam Call - Landline

The place to discuss everything else..
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Received this morning. Was an Auto American Female Voice. Press 1 to loose your bank a/c content.

I was primed by a "dead on pick up" international call that disconnected within 10 secs. 15 mins later was the Amazon Prime Scam Call.

The international call number was Czechoslovakia by the looks of things...0042834126790
The Amazon Scam call number was Withheld

Amazon doesn't call folk

https://conversation.which.co.uk/money/ ... hone-call/

see bottom Comments on above webpage
Last edited by calnorth on Fri Jan 08, 2021 2:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Colin, Thanks for this information. 👍
We get badgered with weird calls on a daily basis, if the number has not been saved on our phone or shows a persons name and the number is a weird one we do not answer. We are of the opinion that if somebody needs to contact us they will leave a PM / Private Message. Here with the Deutsche Telekom System after 4 Rings the call is saved by DT who then forward it and I can locate it on my ipad, I can then see the number or hear the PM Message.
Just as an example this weeks calls : Tunisia / India / Australia No’s. Just a Tip occasionally I do answer with just a “Hallo” only then when the Bla Bla (India / Asia whatever) comes I stick a Window Alarm (100db+) to the Ear Piece and give it a Blast, it is funny how quickly it goes very quite - Dave 😁
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Dave...I am well versed in this having run a UK business for 8 years. They had my phone numbers and email addresses as a result. I operated Internationally also. China a lot for production.

However, i changed my phone numbers which I found to be UK Awkward. Virgin numbnuts simply roll out old numbers for your selection.

What I realise is that the scammers have pretty much full regional lists of Tel landline numbers and like email addresses they are sold around the world. They simply shoot at us from the likes of India and elsewhere.

The other issue with UK Awkward is the early idea big business had (Virgin et al) of transferring Customer Support to India. Need I say more?

I used to report phone scams to Action Fraud and UK Met Police plus emails. However there is no feedback as to what happens...more UK Awkward.

I pick up and listen silently..all pestilence voices get a full FO blast. I need to stick a high pitch tone generator down the line as well.
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

I have had the American pre recorded messages quite a lot, I am of the opinion that the Amazon site has been hacked, it seems to coincided when I make any purchases from them.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Here's an email from one of my two Spam boxes today. Usually and in the past its from Nigeria. This time is a suspicious Turkey origin? Anyway, in the money again - whooop di do:

Its from Russia.....<sklfgup-karelia.sampo.ru>

Attention:Beneficiary

Good day and I hope this message meets you well, I am Ali Celik, the financial controller at Garanti Bankasi, Istanbul Turkey.

Through my office, our bank has been given the mandate to release your long awaited funds which were domiciled in our bank for a long
period of time and your name is part of the beneficiary's marked for payment as overdue for release.

This payment is as a result of your inheritance , contract and investment fund which was not paid to you due to the constant request for an
un-ending fee by the previous paying banks which we are advised to keep anonymous.

To this effect, our bank has taken it upon itself as instructed by the World Bank through the concern authority to see that all overdue funds
belonging to all beneficiaries in and outside the United Kingdom are investigated and paid accordingly.

Kindly get back to me for further correspondence.

Best Regard

Ali Celik
Financial Controller
Garanti Bankasi
Istanbul,Turkey.

................. A reminder - FoxTrot Oscar

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta