2019 Rogue S With AWD Won't Stay In 4X4 Mode

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
SommerGirl
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by SommerGirl »

This is about the first opportunity we've had to actually use the AWD function up here since the weather has been unusually mild and the roads are pretty clear. Today, I tried out the AWD function. I pressed the AWD lock switch, the indicator light comes on, and I back out of the garage. It stays in AWD until I hit about 30 MPH, then reverts to non-AWD, but, if I start to slide, it shows power transfer between FWD and AWD until I regain control. The owner's manual is useless for any explanation of how AWD is supposed to work - it barely mentions this function at all. Does anyone have any experience with this function and, if so, can you give me some advice on this? Thanks!
Live, Love, Laugh, Drive!

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Rogue not sold in Europe, and the Qashqai (Made in UK), is different on many fronts from your US made vehicle.
Why not ask your local dealer?
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

SommerGirl, here we have which is similar to your model the Nissan X-Trail or the Nissan Qashqai or Rogue Sport but with different Motors and 6 Speed Manual or X-Tronic Autoboxes. It might be worth trying these Forums attached or Search more on the Web or in YouTube. I have attached a few comments, hopefully a member with AWD can help, but please remember Europe is mainly Manual Gearboxes. If you are stuck ask your Dealer as Gel suggested - Dave 😉

https://www.x-trail-uk.co.uk/
https://www.nissanownersclub.com/

“Climb in the car, close the door and start the engine. Release the parking brake. Place the transmission in first gear and momentarily apply a small amount of power. If the AWD system is working correctly, the car will attempt to move forward, propelled by the rear wheels.”

“The Nissan Rogue is available with all-wheel drive at every trim level, specifically, Intelligent AWD that automatically senses a loss in traction and adjusts traction as necessary, giving you confidence whether you're driving the family or towing a trailer.”

“WHAT IS ALL-WHEEL DRIVE (AWD)? Nissan's Intelligent AWD is designed to help maximize efficiency, by sending power to the front wheels while at speed, and adapting to transfer power between the front and rear wheels when a change in road conditions is detected, making it more economical on the highway.”
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I think the link below is all you'll get anywhere. Its from the User Manual.

http://www.nisuv.com/nicont-82.html

Its an automatic sensing system for power distribution and you don't have to worry yourself about that. If somethings wrong it will inform you apparently...../sarc off
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

Could this sentence from the above link be the clue ?

LOCK mode will change to AUTO mode automatically when the vehicle has been driven at a high speed. The AWD LOCK indicator light turns off.

As you manoeuvre the lock stays on but as you pass approximately 30 mph it switches to AUTO (like the parking sensors switch on at low speed) and only kicks in when you are in trouble.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)