DCT 7-speed autobox shaking violently !!

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
lebear
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lebear »

We have a 2019 1.3 160 php DCT 7-speed autobox, and we are happy with the car... but! we have a big problem ...has anyone experienced that the dct auto gearbox suddenly can shake violently right the moment you start driving from a standing stop for example up a hill ?, so it really shakes like an old oiled or worn up clutch!
It happens once in a while with our car, especially when it is operating hot. Our big problem is that it rarely does and we have not yet managed to present our workshop with the problem .... so they do nothing ... :(

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

LeBear, welcome to the QQ Forum ! We have the same QQ Tekna + which is now 1 year old and have never experienced a Gearbox Shake it is still extremely smooth. Now this might be totally out of order but I see that you live in Denmark we are in Berlin which is not that cold but it is now down to - 8*C . It is not allowed to use Salt on the Roads here so there is a lot of Gravel laying around. I have noticed the tendency with Winter Tires to Wheel Spin sometimes which is like a Body Shake but not the Gearbox which I also thought it could be - Just a Comment Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
lebear

Post by lebear »

I know well the feeling that the car "steps" on wet roads especially when the rubber becomes "hard" at low temperatures .... but I have experienced this phenomenon all year round and also if the front wheel has been turned all the way to the sides by started sentence, so much we can complain about the weather, but unfortunately not this.
But this morning I have received a call from my workshop who would like to inspect my car. They confirm there have been similar cases of these "riots" on the early models of the DCT gearbox. The gearbox is reportedly not from Renault as many here suggest, but rather from German Getrag. The fault was supposed to be in the car's clutch itself, which has been changed on some of the early models. In two weeks, it is planned that the car will come to a workshop, so we will have to see what they find out. The finger is crossed!Image

IMG_E8101.JPG

calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Getrag DCT 7 speed issues on the Mercedes A180d, A180 & A200 forum.

https://www.aclassclub.co.uk/threads/ge ... 200.13571/
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
lebear

Post by lebear »

Our car has now been to a workshop and as they allreay have told me, they knew the "fault" well! The workshop says that our car is from early 2019 and it was the first production of both the 1.3 engine and the DCT gearbox and the error is "corrected" on subsequent models than mine? ... Nissan will not solve my problem, but they have had the "computer" on and raised the idle from about 750 to about 1000 rpm, it thought they could solve my problem with the clutch point that makes the car shake. It has not helped at all and instead the car seems to be driving with a choke on a cold winter all the time .... :-(
Very unsatisfactory. Our car has now been to a workshop and they knew the "fault" well! The workshop says that our car is from early 2019 and it was the first production of both the 1.3 engine and the DCT gearbox and the error is "corrected" on subsequent models than mine? ... they can not solve my problem but they have had the "computer" on and raised the idle from about 750 to about 1000 rpm, it thought they could solve my problem with the clutch point that makes the car shake. It has not helped at all and instead the car seems to be driving with a choke on a cold winter all the time .... :-(
Very unsatisfactory.
I can see from the post above from the Mercedes owners, that the gearbox problem also exists with them!
Adambrownb
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Adambrownb »

Does the DCT box have paddles to change gear too?
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Adambrownb wrote: Sun Feb 21, 2021 6:48 am Does the DCT box have paddles to change gear too?
No, it doesn’t.
And furthermore I agree with some of the comments on the linked Mercedes forum in that I see no delay in starting off from stationary.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Perhaps we are lucky but we also have had absolutely no problems with the response of our DCT from Standstill, gear selection, etc. In fact yesterday from cold after 0,5kms I stopped, the “Stop Start” Cut in which I did not Note, I then accelerated the “Stop Start” Cut back in and I got Wheelspin (Gritty Roads) - Dave 😊
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Alan W

Post by Alan W »

I had the same issue with my gearbox, the car is just 12 months old now. There was severe intermittent clutch judder when setting off, especially ib slow moving traffic. The dealer I bought it from took a look and initially couldn't replicate what I'd told them, but did say to return it for a longer test that Nissan had suggested. The result of this was to replace the gearbox under warranty. This was about four months ago and there have been no issues since. The lady from the dealer, Westway in Altrincham, was very much on the side of the customer which I appreciate very much as Nissan were disbelieving at first. I heard her on the phone to Nissan who said there were no issues with the gearbox, and she said, are you sure about that as there are now three waiting to be replaced including this one. I hope you get your car sorted out Lebear.
2020 Qashqai 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT N-Tec in Pearlescent Storm White
dod998

Post by dod998 »

I have bought a J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ new in November which has now covered 3.5k miles, It suffers badly from drive train judder whilst under accelaration / load, (It was really smooth for the first 2.5k miles) It has now been back to the main dealer / supplier twice to have this issue resolved. The first time I left it with them and when I picked it up they said it had been roadtested & no faults were found but they had carried out an ECM firmware update. This did initially seem to help but within a week the judder was back with avengance, On my second trip to the dealer i insisted that a technician came along for a short drive so he could feel the judder, (which he did), The dealer answer for the second fault finding was to swap the front wheels with the back ones & reset the ECM again. They told be they had road tested the car extensively and it was now all good. However on my usual trip to work the next morning it started to judder again while under load. I Called them back and they said they would contact Nissan directly for technical support, Nissan's answer to this was they had no other reported gearbox issues and didn't know what was wrong with it. ( Try looking at Google Nissan). I now have to wait another month for the dealer to take it back in for further inspection. The car also suffers from the low speed surge which seems to be the stop / start kicking in before the car comes to a complete stop. As in the engine stops while the car is still rolling & under braking then restarts when the pressure is lifted from the brake pedal causing the car to lurch forwards. (Been close to rear ending other cars due to this). It seems if you switch off the stop start option then it doesn't happen. The ECM reset doesn't help either. However what's the point in having it if it's not safe to use? :-( I'll update you all on the dealer findings on my next post.