Best All Season Tyres

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
Pauly1
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Pauly1 »

I have Tekna 65 plate with 225/45R19 tyres (for good weather driving). I’m considering replacing these with All Season tyres and would be grateful for any advice on what best to buy. I live in the High Wycombe area. Thanks.

Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

I prefer Continental Sport Contact 3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Pauly1, I am assuming as you have stated that you are looking for an "All Weather" Tire" for Summer / Winter Use. Over here they are called M&S Tires and are used a lot, but most have two sets of wheels like us for Summer / Winter as it is Safer If and when needed, but expensive !. You have to weigh up the Pros & Cons as like now here we have Snow, Ice, Freezing Rain, Temps down to -18*C and our option is always just for that additional Safety Two Sets. Sorry but I do not have any comment on the "All Weather" but hopefully other members can help - Dave :)
Take a look in the Motoring Press for Tips & Tests !

Here is a comment found from Conti :
The ContiSportContact 3 is Continental Tire's Max Performance Summer tire developed for the drivers of powerful sports cars, sports coupes and luxury sedans. ... Like all summer tires, the Continental ContiSportContact 3 is not intended to be driven in near-freezing temperatures, through snow or on ice.
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Pauly1

Post by Pauly1 »

Thanks for the advice re: All Season Tyres. In addition to looking for said tyres (M&S equivalents) I’ve been looking into buying some snow chains. Again, any advice would be appreciated. I was considering the following Thule/Koenig Easy Fit chains - see detail at link:

https://snowchains.co.uk/product/?brand ... 240&p=CU9X
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Pauly1, this is the reason I raised the question of M&S Tyres (see attached).- Dave 😊

92C8CAC8-45D5-4F21-B71C-8A578CCAFE37.jpeg

Take a look at this attachment it might help :
Snow Chains Winter Tyres | AA : https://www.theaa.com/european-breakdow ... nter-tyres
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Pauly1

Post by Pauly1 »

Thanks Dave. I’ll make sure I get the right M&S tyres and I may invest in the Thule/Koenig Easy Fit chains too.