Esp and skid light's on

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
Chi999
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Chi999 »

I have no abs lights on nor have they come on so don't think its anything to do with that .
Maybe a coms problem with ecu ???

Chi999

Post by Chi999 »

Just thinking i changed the alternator regulator with a after market regulator could this have anything to do with it ,I was reading a piece about a nissan juke with the esp light on and it was to do with the wrong alternator being put on , if I get the garage to unplug the alternator do you think this might help I know it will put a charging light on just to see if the lights go out ?
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

Yes this will definitely cause the issue you are having, there's actually a Nissan bulletin about this code and one of the causes is an incorrect alternator fitted, they tell you to use an oscilloscope to verify it, I think unplugging it will still cause the c1130/1/2/3 to come on. But its worth a shot, let us know how you get on
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Chi999 wrote: Thu Apr 29, 2021 3:31 pm I have no abs lights on nor have they come on so don't think its anything to do with that .
Maybe a coms problem with ecu ???
Comms via CAN Bus is certainly important since various sensor outputs are required by the ECU. An example of such diagnosis is below using a scope (test equipment). Pulling modules may not resolve the error flag (DTC) but observation using the scope will confirm suspect behaviour. I appreciate that such test equipment is not available to most.

This vid picks up on a faulty ABS unit at 8 mins in as an example.

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Chi999

Post by Chi999 »

Thank for your reply ive just found out it as outstanding recall on the car control module
Booked in for next week ?
Chi999

Post by Chi999 »

Yes so unplugged the alternator but lights are still on i don't know if this recall will help fingers crossed 🤦‍♂️
lewisbryant
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by lewisbryant »

There is a campaign that was for j10 for c1130 but recently has been closed, it was to correct software loging that would throw c1130 when temlreture was under 5 degrees ok a cold start an incorrect signal was sent to the esp system causing c1130. But I doubt this is the recall your talking about. The recall your probably talking about is to apply limp home mode protect login to the ecu when an air intake failure is detected so damage to the DPF will not occur. Usually due to the broken intake pipe on the j10, this is all assuming you have a j10.

I didn't think unplugging it would clear the codes as there would still be a problem with the comms to the alternator.

The comms between an alternator and IPDM are LIN

This may help :

C1130 is triggered because the engine ECM cannot control torque due to an engine related issue, so it prevents ESP from working, hence the engine signal 1 in ABS.  Investigations have confirmed that the above concern can be caused by the exhaust pressure sensor pipe being blocked. Replacement of the ABS unit may not rectify this concern.

If the pipe and also the manifold are not blocked but the DTC will not erase or erases and comes straight back when the ignition is turned on it is usually electrical. Check the sensors connection, the alternator plug, IPDM connectors and the battery earth lead.

The DTC has also been triggered by the MAFS, the steering angle sensor, IPDM and boost pressure sensor. Incorrect alternator signals will also trigger this, usually from the fitting of none genuine part.

It is possible to test the alternator using an oscilloscope. When the engine is first started the signal from the alternator to the IPDM will stay at 12V. After approx 3-5 minutes the signal will change to a rough square wave when the pulse width modulation starts.
Chi999

Post by Chi999 »

So starting the car after 12 hour night shift and can see the car is struggling to idle as well it was cold but had no problems before could this be down to that alternator esp and skid lights still on need help could it be a earth problem I don't know !!! Help please
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Diagnostics I have show no interface between Alternator and IPDM or the LIN bus in any context. So I give up here...bad documentation.

Without the right info/data don't know what to look for and related procedure.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Chi999

Post by Chi999 »

All sorted now changed out the alternator and lights went straight out, just like to say a
Big thank you to all the people that tried to help me and I hope this will help anyone else.
🙂🙂🙂