Review and thoughts of our new QQ.

Reviews / Comments about the 2014 QashQai
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

Hiya guy's,
We have now owned our new to us QQ for around two months now. We upgraded our 07 Acenta for a used 2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG -T with a tad over 18000 miles on the clock.
We read lots of reviews, watched umpteen vids on the Tube and decided on a second QQ, our old 07 QQ had 102000 miles on it, on the whole from new it was an excellent car, only the usual complaints regarding brake discs and rear suspension.
Now onto the 2018 car, since we purchased it mid March from a Nissan Dealership it has probably spent more time parked up at the Dealership than on our drive way 👎
So far it has been in for a fuel treatment and software update to cure the car stalling at junctions, had a new climate control fan unit fitted to hopefully cure the annoying buzzing from behind the dashboard (it didn't) a new rear N/S door actuator fitted, the door can now be opened from the inside, 'supposedly' a new drivers seat base to cure the loud creaking (it didn't) a new drivers seat plastic surround, the bit that adjusts the seat height as they butchered the original doing Lord knows what.
Luckily all this has been replaced/fixed under the Nissan three year warranty, runs out at the end of May and the twelve month Dealership warranty takes over.
The Dealership unfortunately made a grave error during the purchase that I won't go into too much detail about at this stage, so far NCS and Nissan are not taking our complaint further as the Dealership made the mistake. Next step is the Ombudsmen and we have a Solicitor standing by if needed.
Ok, that's the bad part over. Despite the initial faults and problems we are both really enjoying the car, huge step up from our 07. It's extremely comfortable, great on fuel - ave 48mpg mainly A road travel and the odd start stop town driving. We are now getting used to the auto brake hold, all cars should have this function. Stop start works flawlessly. Only been out twice at night, not too sure if we will be making use of the auto headlight/high beam thingy, or maybe we could get used to it in time. Still finding some of Nissan's Easter eggs, I think the auto window lowering function will come in handy if we have a nice summer.
Changed the wipers to Bosch and now the screen is smear free, had the car professionally detailed and treated to a ceramic coating all over, looks more like a brand new car now. Only one small chip/scratch on the rear bumper and a tiny stone chip in the front edge of the bonnet. Bonus for a nearly three year old car, all four alloys are completely unmarked, took a while to clean of the tar spots on the insides but really impressive. Treating her to four new boots before winter.
We are both really happy with the Gunmetal Grey, our old one was Blade Silver and much prefer this colour. Not a huge fan of black and this is for us the nicest hue of dark grey/graphite.
Just managed to do a great deal on four complete door cards, and centre armrest from a 2019 Tekna plus, lots of nice soft leather and virtually like new condition. Unfortunately our door cards have quite a few deep scratches from shoes I guess and these will definitely look good when replaced.
Just needing four sill scuff plates now to tidy up the sills, we were told by the Dealership that the previous owner has two young children and there are a few slight scratches on all sills that will easily be covered, any recommendations as to the best sill plates to buy will be extremely appreciated. Thinking of fitting mud flaps too.
Hopefully when we have all the issues sorted we will have many years of QQ ownership ahead.
Last edited by Squashy2 on Mon May 03, 2021 9:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Squashy2 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:04 pm
The Dealership unfortunately made a grave error during the purchase that I won't go into too much detail about at this stage, so far NCS and Nissan are not taking our complaint further as the Dealership made the mistake. Next step is the Ombudsmen and we have a Solicitor standing by if needed.

Come now, don't hold back! :D
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

The Acenta has 17" alloys which are less vulnerable to kerbing, won't corrode like the higher trim level ones and will improve the fuel consumption.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

I'd rather not be too specific just incase the Mod's ban me on the same day as joining the Forum.
I won't mention any Dealership name but just to say that they forgot to contact the DVLA and give our details. We were categorically told by the Dealership that we (the customer) did not need the yellow slip on our V5c or be given the green new keeper slip from the previous keeper, unfortunately this meant that we were driving around without valid insurance for over a Month as verified by our insurance company and DVLA informed us that we were liable to a £1000 fine, 6 points on the driving licence and open to a possible prosecution if we had tripped a Police ANPR camera and thus been pulled over.

If this breaks any rules, Mods please feel free to delete.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

gloucester wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:20 pm The Acenta has 17" alloys which are less vulnerable to kerbing, won't corrode like the higher trim level ones and will improve the fuel consumption.
Yes indeed, I previously had the 'diamond cut' alloys on a previous Jeep. They corroded almost as soon as I left the Jeep Dealer :roll:

One of our neighbours has the larger wheels on his QQ and considering his car is newer than ours they look like they maybe starting to corrode.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Squashy2, there are many stories on Diamond Cut Alloys related to “White Worm” or Corrosion. The first point is never Install “Alloy Gators” or the like to protect from Kerbing use the Camera System. The second point is keep the Wheels “Clean”, protected and polished on a regular basis. If you get Minor scratches or scuffing stick some Clear Coat On the Area as this is when the Corrosion sets in.
We had a QQ J11 for 5 years and never had a Diamond Cut Alloy Wheel Problem they were like new still and the new QQ J11B is 18 months old and again no problems - Dave 😉
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

Dave,
Luckily we won't be having those problems as our alloy wheels are the totally painted ones that are standard I believe on the Acenta.
I never use acids to clean the wheels when I do the regular maintenance wash, just a good old fashioned clean using car shampoo and micro fibre cloths. I've had them off the car to give them a complete detail and they have all had a ceramic coating applied inside and out so should in theory last the life of the car with the proper care and attention both driving, parking and hopefully no deep pot holes on the roads.
Never been a big fan of the diamond cut wheels and much prefer silver paint.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Squashy2 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:32 pm I'd rather not be too specific just incase the Mod's ban me on the same day as joining the Forum.
I won't mention any Dealership name but just to say that they forgot to contact the DVLA and give our details. We were categorically told by the Dealership that we (the customer) did not need the yellow slip on our V5c or be given the green new keeper slip from the previous keeper, unfortunately this meant that we were driving around without valid insurance for over a Month as verified by our insurance company and DVLA informed us that we were liable to a £1000 fine, 6 points on the driving licence and open to a possible prosecution if we had tripped a Police ANPR camera and thus been pulled over.

Thank you
Squashy2

Post by Squashy2 »

gloucester wrote: Tue May 04, 2021 8:00 am
Squashy2 wrote: Mon May 03, 2021 7:32 pm I'd rather not be too specific just incase the Mod's ban me on the same day as joining the Forum.

Thank you
No worries,
hopefully we can get this settled quickly and amicably. I must add that the Dealership has admitted that the administrative error occurred, apologised and the General manager has offered a free service worth £299 as a gesture of goodwill, my Solicitor has recommended that on reflection this offer is extremely minimal especially considering the nature of the complaint.
We are waiting to hear back from the Dealership sometime within the next seven working days to provide contact details in relation to escalating the complaint further up the chain to the Parent company.
This is definitely not something that we expected to have happen when buying a car from a Nissan Dealership.
We only found out about the error on 06.04 a month after the purchase, decided to call the DVLA to ask what the ETA would be on the new V5c and was informed that the vehicle was not recorded to a new keeper.
As we hadn't purchased a car in 14 years we just took the Dealership's word as gospel about everything now being done online and no yellow or green V5c slips exchanged.
We would probably not have kicked up a fuss if we had been covered under our insurance policy but as we have had several phone calls with them and they stated that as we officially were not the registered keeper of the vehicle we would not be insured, they have put all of this information down in writing to aid our case with the Dealership.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Conversely nothing actually happened - assuming there won't be a blemish on any of your records - so a free service is an appropriate gesture?