Drove the new one today

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
DaveBerlin
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by DaveBerlin »

Tony, Thanks that will do me as an explanation. This below is what I looked at again this morning, I think I will leave it there perhaps the confusion is there is some old stuff still around on the Web - Thanks Dave 😁

9E5BB108-88CB-413D-AF81-BCEC0FC27DB9.jpeg

11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken

Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

I just can't get used to that modified front end. I think it is hideous.

Also the thought of going back to the xtronic gearbox after all the problems that were reported on the previous models makes me shy away from it.

I think I will keep my present QQ for as long as I can and not change it at 3 years as I usually do.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Geordieman, with reference to your comment : “Also the thought of going back to the xtronic gearbox after all the problems that were reported on the previous models makes me shy away from it.”

This is NOT the fact, the CVT is a new Generation CVT D-Step Logic System. The New QQ J12 2021 is apparently equipped with a New Xtronic Automatic Transmission. The upgrade includes the installation of New Double Oil Pumps (electrical and mechanical) and with the New D-Step technology is faster than it was in the previous generation QQ. This D-Step CVT was previously introduced in the US and used on Nissan Models with over 2,0L Motors, this new QQ option appears to be of similar technology.

If you have the time take a read of the 2nd Attachment which explains the new CVT - Dave 😉

viewtopic.php?f=19&t=11113

viewtopic.php?f=32&t=10811
11.19/1.3L/160PS/Tekna+/DCT/PrOPILOT/KAD Gun Metallic/Trunk Lower Finisher/Rear Glass Finisher/Ambient Lighting-LED’s Innen/Entry Guards Illuminated/Sport Pedals/Front Styling Plate/LED No.Plate/Chrome Door Handles/Rear Valance/Giacuzzo Alloys + Falken
Geordieman

Post by Geordieman »

Yes, I remember reading about 5 years ago how wonderful the 'new' Xtronic was at that time and look what happened lol.
2020 Tekna 1.3 DCT Auto, Pearl Black, Pan Roof, Heated Screen, ss door sills, Chrome door handle covers, ss Reg Plate frames, Gas Bonnet struts, chrome wheel nut covers, black side protection strips.
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

AFAIK an auto gearbox is always more complicated and expensive compared to an MT6... That's why I, personally, opted for manual again. But worrying about something that might happen at, say, 100k miles is, IMHO, not really warranted... unless you want to keep the QQ for 10 plus years!? I am far more worried about all the electronic systems and chipsets in *all* 21 century cars!
Also the Alis 12v battery system is something that simply has to deteriorate over the years. But same goes for all mild hybrid systems, not only this QQ.
I am pleased that at least the 1.3 engine is supposed to be a gem!
DaveBerlin

Post by DaveBerlin »

Has anybody tried or even noticed the Rear Automatic Braking System on the New QQ as it appears to be a Std Fitment on all QQ models. I know our Sales Guy was surprised when this functioned. Any comments on this ? - Dave 😁

“When the vehicle is travelling in reverse at a low speed, such as when parking, the system assists in collision avoidance by warning the driver and braking automatically when there is a risk of collision. The system can detect objects and obstacles such as walls and vehicles that are behind the vehicle.”

7EDAD39C-8E47-4345-8F2E-D85FAF81BCD5.jpeg

Rear Automatic Breaking | NISSAN | Technology : https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNO ... W/rab.html
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

According to the latest review I saw on YouTube there appears to be turbo lag/gap/hole between 900 to 2000 rpm.
Which might explain the 'engine hesitation' experienced by some other people :

(But rest of the review is very positive)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Hello Dave,

It's part of the new/updated safety features for the J12 Qashqai, including Junction Support which might be the "Flank Protection" feature! :o :shock:
Not sure about the "boots" safety - I think they mean "boosts" safety :lol:
Other upgrades include a "flank protection" warning for urban situations, which alerts the driver of the risk of contact with an object on the side of the vehicle, typically when turning into a supermarket parking space. And the new Qashqai can also intervene to prevent a collision upon reversing from the space thanks to an upgrade on the existing Moving Object Detection alert, applying the brakes to stop the car if a moving obstacle is detected nearby.

Junction support.png

rab.png

rcta.png

DaveBerlin wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 5:45 pm Has anybody tried or even noticed the Rear Automatic Braking System on the New QQ as it appears to be a Std Fitment on all QQ models. I know our Sales Guy was surprised when this functioned. Any comments on this ? - Dave 😁

“When the vehicle is travelling in reverse at a low speed, such as when parking, the system assists in collision avoidance by warning the driver and braking automatically when there is a risk of collision. The system can detect objects and obstacles such as walls and vehicles that are behind the vehicle.”

7EDAD39C-8E47-4345-8F2E-D85FAF81BCD5.jpeg

Rear Automatic Breaking | NISSAN | Technology : https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/TECHNO ... W/rab.html
Last edited by Sandgrounder on Tue Aug 10, 2021 8:16 am, edited 2 times in total.
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

I watched that video the other day, @QaiFan. I wonder whether it's related to the transfer of power from the hybrid battery to the petrol engine at speeds above 11mph, if I remember correctly? I never noticed any turbo lag when I had a test drive the other week. The area near my Nissan dealership is quite hilly and I went up one of the steep roads nearby and the J12 Qashqai coped quite admirably.

QaiFan wrote: Mon Aug 09, 2021 9:36 pm According to the latest review I saw on YouTube there appears to be turbo lag/gap/hole between 900 to 2000 rpm.
Which might explain the 'engine hesitation' experienced by some other people :

(But rest of the review is very positive)
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

It's strange that it appears there's no indication in the instrument display showing when the hybrid battery is contributing to the drive.

I thought that would be standard even with mild hybrids. Here's the one on my Ignis showing the battery status. When going along arrows then appear to show when the engine is driving, when the battery is contributing and when engine is being stored in the battery:

Are we sure that this facility isn't available somewhere on the Qashqai?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)