Anyone else into detailing?

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
th0mps0n

Post by th0mps0n »

did you purchase on recommendations on those products or just some random picks?why Collinite but not Meguiar's and so on?
1.6 dCi 2WD manual Tekna Bronze with Thermaclear, Illuminated sidebars, Chrome premium pack, Chrome mirror covers, Chrome door sill strips

Ordered 2nd May, delivered 20th Nov. :)

ferris

Post by ferris »

No, I did a lot of reading of forums like http://www.detailingworld.co.uk/ and http://www.reddit.com/r/autodetailing - here's the main things:* Meguiars Gold Class shampoo crops up in a lot of recommendations. Having used it I can say that it is very thick and a little goes a long way* I used Collinite 845 as it is easy to apply by hand, so no need to get a dual-action polishing machine. I'd seen several comparative reviews with other products and it lasted a long time compared to other waxes. * Meguiars APC (all purpose cleaner) also pops up a lot in recommended kit lists. A 3.7 litre container is going to last me a few years I think as you dilute it 1:4 in a spray bottle for exterior use, or 1:10 for lighter use interior. * Meguiars Last Touch just seemed a cost effective way of getting a clay lubricant and also to give it a final shine - it smells great too! I keep a spray bottle and a microfibre in the car to deal with any bird droppings too. Again, I think a 3.7 litre container is going to last me some time. It's diluted 1:1 for use as a quick detailer, but I think I'll use a weaker solution for claying.
korky

Post by korky »

Do any of you guys use snow foam at all? Have used in the past
On sisters QQ but not as yet on parents QQ...
F1 Bob

Post by F1 Bob »

I use a snow foam and gun. Have tried several but mainly use Valet pro from Clean your car.co.uk. Monza car care also have a good range.I always detail with Auto Finesse and Gtechniq products as I find these excellent.
Pulsar 1.5 dCi Tekna in Bronze
cliffgorse

Post by cliffgorse »

Update on the products i will be using Auto Finesse Revive trim dressing for all the plastic bits. I used Dodo Juice supernatural hybrid which is half wax half sealer, this stuff was excellent on my Black Seat Exeo so i assume it will be well good on the Nightshade.
1.6 dci CVT Tekna Nightshade Delivery picked up on the 17th
stephen160

Post by stephen160 »

I have bought the following after seeing an info show whilst on holiday in Florida,www.glare.comstill waiting for my car to try it on.steve
First ever Nissan and have ordered a Qashqui Tekna iCVT in Blue. www.bookmyvilla.com owner
RichardP

Post by RichardP »

Waiting for my son to come over and give the QQ the full treatment. Have been threatened with a fate worse than death if I do anything to it first. After that I will be allowed to wash and detail it (with approved products of course!), until it is time for another ful treatment. I suppose he knows what he's on about as he has won at modified car shows!
Deleted User 1571

Post by Deleted User 1571 »

Yes I certainly am!It has been washed all of three times since I've had it, just over four months ago. I'm now looking forward to the next wash which might be next weekend unless the weather is fine, in which case there will be even more important things to do. Like work.When I do get to wash it, there will be two cars to do, if not three. I prefer the smaller cars like the Qashqai as I can reach to the middle of the roof without climbing on the sills.I've even got a power polisher that I used about two years ago. It does work especially well.
Grocer Jack

Post by Grocer Jack »

I've been into detailing ever since I retired from retailing ?Y?„ if I tell the truth I always was I consider it to be my hobby!
Quashqai 1.6dci Acenta vis tronic pearl black - DOB March 2014 -- Previous Quashqai 1.5dci Acenta (2010)
Beardyman

Post by Beardyman »

Quacker, I think you're as obsessed with cleaning as I am. I've had the QQ about 3 months and I've washed it three times as well. I do find it hard to reach the centre part of the roof without steps but you know, it's worth the effort.
Beardyman2015-03-09 10:20:53
1.2 DiG-T TEKNA petrol manual panoramic, nightshade. Easy-Lift bonnet gas strut kit.
QDay 28.11.2014