2022 AWD AUTO Engine "hop" at low speed

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
queysoft
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by queysoft »

Hi. So, I've had the new car for about 6 weeks now. I've noticed slightly more frequently now that the engine seems to 'hop' and push the car on when coming to a stop. It tends to happen around 5 miles per hour. It's as if the stop start has stopped the engine but then restarted it for a cycle which then causes the car to jump forward slightly. Rather like with a manual if you take your foot off the clutch too fast from a standstill.

I'm presuming its a tuning issue that the Nissan garage will have to adress but I'm wondering if anyone else has had such issues.

Or can suggest what might be causing it.

Low speed cruising is set to on (but for the life of me I can't find the place to turn it off again). I only noticed this option in the menu when I was messing about at the garage with the settings on collection. I'm not entirely sure what low speed cruising set to the on position actually does? Any idea on that?

Thanks.
AWD AUTO 2022

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

It's probably the hybrid system cutting in. I think at a low speed the engine will shut off and the systems/propulsion will be maintained by the battery. I've only noticed a very small lurch on the odd occasion. Don't think anything is wrong.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

It has been debated a lot on the german forum (https://www.qashqaiforum.de/threads/erf ... iebe.14894). They are talking of a software update that solves the problem.
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.
AM31
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by AM31 »

I’ve noticed the same thing in my Xtronic J12.

If I’m slowing braking to a halt then the start/stop system cuts the engine while the car is still moving at around 5-10mph. However, while in this condition if I ease off on the brake a little as if to try and coast a bit further then the engine restarts and the car jerks forward. It can be a bit disconcerting if you’re pulling up behind another vehicle in traffic! Hopefully a fix will come in the form of a firmware update.
queysoft

Post by queysoft »

Thank you for the replies. Yes, the German site was interesting. I going to go out and test some different brake methods to see if there is a 'special way' to brake to standstill that might stop this.
AWD AUTO 2022