Phone Mounts for the J12 Qashqai

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
aristosv
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by aristosv »

I’m looking for a phone mount for the Qashqai J12, but I can’t seem to find something suitable, so I was wondering what you are using.
On the J11 Qashqai, I was using a CD phone mount, which was the perfect position and very solid. But (thankfully) no more CD player in the J12 :)

Dashboard Mounts
The J12 has a (leather like) soft material on the dashboard, so I would assume any suction cups wouldn’t stick, or they would eventually damage the soft material.

Air Vent Mounts
The air vents are flimsy, and I think the weight of the mount, plus the weight of the phone would eventually damage them. The center air vents are also very low on the new Qashqai, and any air vent mount would also block airflow.

Windshield Mounts
I tried a few windshield mounts with suction cups mounted on the windshield, but there are times (depending on where you’re looking) that they block visibility, which makes them dangerous.

Cup Holder Mounts
The cup holders on the J12 are too far back to provide a convenient mounting spot for any phone mounts

Don’t use a phone mount?
I realize there’s a spot for the phone in the Qashqai. On the wireless charger. And also, CarPlay covers most of the need to be looking at any other screen. But CarPlay has limited customization, and there are times I want to have an app open on the phone, that is not supported on CarPlay.

So, what phone mount are you using on the new Qashqai?

aristosv

Post by aristosv »

This could be a viable consideration. Mounted at the back of the infotainment screen. Need to have a closed look at the positioning, and if there's a flat spot at the back of of the screen..

https://www.jowua-life.com/products/inv ... -for-tesla

Jowua_invisiblefoldawaycarmountwithMagSafe_Phone_Back_4000x@2x.progressive.png.jpg

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Don’t use a mount, don’t see the point.
In my pocket or on the centre console charging.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)