J11 QQ DPF regen

Frequently Asked Questions
paulngui
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by paulngui »

Apologies if the answers I need are covered in existing posts, I had a quick search but hoping someone can advise me more directly.

I've had my pre facelift J11 1.5dci for a couple of months now, and although I commute 27 miles each way with most of it on the motorway, I've noticed an orange engine warning light was on as I left work this evening. Dropped into a garage near home, and the diagnostics has come up with something leading the mechanic to suggest a suitable drive to clear out the dpf as the first port of call.

From reading various posts I see it could be symptomatic of a split inlet pipe (or something along those lines), but assuming it's just a regen being required:

1. Is this surprising given that I commute 50-60 mins via the motorway? Granted I have been hypermiling almost exclusively, often staying around 60mph +/-10 depending on traffic.

2. What gear/speed/rpm etc (and for how long) should I aim for on my next commute to try and clear out the dpf? I've never had to do this despite my last car being a diesel, so this is all new to me.

TIA!

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

I did just about 29,000 trouble free miles from new in my diesel QQ J11a (2017).
I never had to "force" a regeneration. I'd heard that, because the DOF is close to the engine on the J11, DPF issues were prevented as the DPF became hot soon after starting a journey.
I commuted three days per week Stockport to Keele University (just over 40 miles each way) and generally ran between 60-65.

I also had a 2014 Juke with the same engine. Again, didn’t have any issue despite lots of that car's miles being city driving.

One thing I did read though (on a Juke forum):-
Drive for 20 minutes at 2500rpm, this was promoted as a way to ensure the DPF remained healthy.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
paulngui

Post by paulngui »

So I've just come to work this morning and driven above 3k rpm and >50mph for 30-40 mins (albeit interrupted by traffic at times), but the light is still on. If it doesn't clear on my journey home guessing the garage will have to do it manually?
david sunderland

Post by david sunderland »

The couple of diesels that I have had I used around the doors I found that the time the car starts it's clean and the rpm of the car my vauxhall you had to run for 16 mins without turning off and at over 2000 rpm if you don't drive until light goes off then it starts again until you do leading to a blockage... Uesd the same ideas before Mot to clean emissions on both petrol and diesel engines.
Qashqai tekna 1.2 petrol dig 6. 3. 17. gunmetal grey. glass roof m\ t...............now RENAULT KADJAR GT 160 BHP same as the QQ same car
paulngui

Post by paulngui »

Spoke to the mechanic, he reckons it's the sensor is too blocked so needs replacing. So going to get that seen to.