Rear Vent systems 1 &2

Bodywork & Interior problems
alllanson
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by alllanson »

Have just finished fitting under floor vents to my 2020 st-l like in the x- trail. Also when I had the 2017 I fitted rear console vents. Both these mods became very involved and frustrating.
Rear air vents 2.docx
(3.04 MiB) Downloaded 105 times
passengers rear vents first one.docx
(484.47 KiB) Downloaded 117 times

lapalmeraie
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by lapalmeraie »

I feel your pain :mrgreen:
I've done the same research as you've done but concluded that it wasn't feasible to use the Xtrail console for this job.
I choose a easier approach but with a result far less clean as yours.
Check the video below to see want I mean.

This said, what air output did you use?
Because the manual isn't that clear on this part I think and you should make a difference between the output ment for the air vents in the footwells for the backseat (below the front seats that is) and the air vents on the back of the center console.

I used the lowest output (2.) for my air vents in the back as this output is easier to reach but as they are ment for the footwells, the airflow is minor.
The output for the air vents in the back (1.) should have some what more power I guess.

unit side view.jpg

rear back air vent.jpg

Kr
Niek
Qashqai J11b 2020 N-TEC - 1.3 DIG-T 140PS
Qashqai J11a Connect Edition 1.6 DIG-T 163PS
alllanson

Post by alllanson »

Hi in both installs I used the No 2 outlets as they were shown to be the ones used in the diagrams i found. Interesting about No 1 and its position. Would be interesting to know what the air flow out of No1 would be like if opened up. With each front foot well having 2 outlets and fan forced if one of those could be channelled to the rear vents then air flow would be greatly improved i believe.

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

No. If you look really carefully you would see that the part you couldn't find fits on to the outlet n1.

Outlet n2 only serves the feet and you could test it on your car as a matter of fact. Turn the A/C unit to the feet ventilation mode and you will remark how your air vents in the back will spit out more air as well! When outlet n1 is used, the airflow to the back is linked to the airflow towards the air vents on top of the dashboard, in front of the driver/passenger. That makes a lot more sense and it should be a lot more powerful, as on top on the dash.

But... (why is there always one :) ) the outlet n1 is really hard to reach. It should be situated someplace behind the A/C control unit and the Connect unit but when I check photos or videos on the Dasaita installation I never managed to see it that well.
alllanson

Post by alllanson »

Hi Lapalmeraie,
read your post and had a look at the diagrams. So did some digging today and found the outlet No1 hidden behind at metal bracket which has some relays on it. Even with every thing out of the way to connect them up would be difficult.

start.jpg

step 2.jpg

step 4.jpg

step 6.jpg

lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Wow, what a commitment :)

With the plastic part they use it just slides over so it would be quite easy no?
There seems to be place underneath as I guess that the relays go just in front.
It also explains why I never spotted it before on Dasaita install videos, the metal bracket was hiding it...

Also a possible new plausible cause for rattles, as the relays may hit the plastic part on bumpy roads, no?
You can see on the left how one has been in contact with the plastic.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

We like commitment! :)
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
alllanson

Post by alllanson »

The bracket locates on luges either side of the screw so if not positioned correctly or the screw tight it could course a rattle. Removing it requires a bit of fiddling remove screw, remove bracket from lugs, pull down, when both relays clear things, tilt top forward, push bottom back and down pull out action oh don't forget the pinched fingers blue language haha. Their is room for a ducting to go from this outlet and down. The But you then run into wiring, auto shift cable my case and any thing else in their. Be interested to see what they did with the 22 model to get the rear vents fitted and if they have their own position on the heater controls.
alllanson

Post by alllanson »

Hi up date with the completion of the console are vents which has a much better air flow also controllable. Have removed the under seat vents completely.
lapalmeraie

Post by lapalmeraie »

Great! But still connected upfront as before? So you'll especially have airflow in the back when you select airflow to the feet in the A/C unit, correct?
Maybe you could re-use a part of the under seat vents to connect it to the official outlet in the front and connect it this way to the back.