Parking sensor system fault

ICE, Equipment, Options
Dumdumdum
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Dumdumdum »

Small update. I purchased an Autel AP 200 scanner for about £60 on Amazon as my previous cheapie scanner and torque app showed nothing.
I was pretty impressed with the functionality of the new scanner and it quickly diagnosed it's the right front inner sensor that's the problem. I tried turning off the front sensors in settings and clearing the codes on the scanner.
I was amazed to see that the rear sensors came back to life, however my joy was short lived as when I went back out to the car later it seemed the system managed to find the problem with the front sensor again and disable the whole system.
Looks like the sensor is near impossible to replace without taking off the front bumper which seems to be a difficult job.

Dumdumdum

Post by Dumdumdum »

Finally sorted. My replacement sensor from AliExpress arrived this morning. The sensor at fault was the right inner one so I was actually able to replace without removing the bumper. I pushed the sensor in from the outside (good bit of pressure required)and there is just enough access to remove the plug and connect new sensor and push it back into place. Flashing amber light on the parking sensor button turned back to solid and all sensors and park assist now working.
gloucester

Post by gloucester »

Great to know!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
billt

Post by billt »

Hi just found a link to possibly testing sonar sensors on qashqais
http://www.nissantechnicianinfo.mobi/ht ... Sonar.html