REAR HATCH HANDLE REPLACEMENT

Bodywork & Interior problems
scallytoes
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by scallytoes »

Hi all, Have a j10 on a 11plate with the rear handle hanging dowm, clips broken. Ordered some replacement 3d printed clips on ebay but looking at it while taking it off to fix today its seen better days (should have checked before really) Got the option of a replacement chrome effect or primered black rear unit.

The chrome effect one would look a bit odd as there isnt a lot of chrome on the car for it to match up withn but does save painting it.
The black would be the better option so it matches the lower bumper and other black trim bits but only if the finish is similar which i wont really appreciated until its in my hands i guess

The question is would the primered black just bolt on and be a near enough match for the other plain black plastic trim or would it have to be painted. Not looking for a gloss black finish anyway but dont want it to look like a dog either. Can primered trim be left unpainted? Thoughts and expertise much appreciated.

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

Known issue-use this forums SEARCH box.

Same for future queries.
Also check on YOU TUBE
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
QashqaiSilver

Post by QashqaiSilver »

Primered would go chalky if not painted. There are loads and even some painted in colours. The best way to go is the XR kit available on ebay and that way you can use your existing handle. I personally would NOT buy any other one as it would be only a matter of time before the same thing happens again, poor design fault.
The XR kit is a modification and is VERY solid.
J10, 2008, 1.6 petrol, Acenta
scallytoes

Post by scallytoes »

Cheers QashqaiSIlver! Wasnt sure about the finish, the fact it would go 'chalky' over time isnt what i want. Will look at the XR kit and look at sprucing up the one ive got , its seen better days in terms of blemishes but probably the best thing to do, Cheers!