Weird A/C Issues

New to the Nissan QashQai Forums? Introduce yourself here
Vamocognito
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Vamocognito »

Hi Guys,

I hope I am posting to the correct forum, apologies if this wrong area ;)

I have a 2011 J10 Qashqai + 2. So the issue is as follows. Sometimes the A/C compressor kicks on when I press the A/C button, other times it doesn't. If it doesn't, I have found that if I move/jiggle the wire going to compressor clutch it will kick in and stay on. A/C is cold and everything is good, long drives no issues . If I shut the car off and restart it, the compressor doesn't kick in, unless I go and fiddle with the wire.. (Sometimes it does kick in but most of the time I have to jiggle it). If the engine is running I can the A/C turn on and off repeatedly using the A/C button. I can hear the clutch engaging and disengaging. According to the service manual various conditions have to be met before the signal to turn on the clutch / AC is given. I am pretty sure the signal is just not getting to the clutch.. I thought loose wire, but if that is true, no matter how much I jiggle the wire once the compressor is on, it doesn't go off! I am at a loss! If anyone has any ideas, please let me know.

By the way this is a South African build Qashqai. A/C is pretty important here :lol:

Thanks In advance.

Matt