TPMS sensor issue?

Forum for wheels, tyres, suspension, chassis, brakes
TruBrit
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by TruBrit »

Hi
All of the tyres on my 1.5 Qashqai Ntec+ are gradually loosing between 3 to 5psi every two to three weeks. I changed all of the tyres about two years ago, but the sensors are the original ones when car was bought from new in 2015. I have had one or two of the wheels checked by a local tyre fitter for tyre leakage, nothing found. I was wondering if it was time to renew all of the sensors as it seems odd that it's affecting all four?
Has anyone had similar issues and does anyone know what costs are involved using Nissan dealer? Hoping for some good advice, thanks. UK based.

Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Nissan, I paid £75 for my 1st, local tyre dealer was £70 for the 2nd
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

TruBrit wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:09 pm Hi
All of the tyres on my 1.5 Qashqai Ntec+ are gradually loosing between 3 to 5psi every two to three weeks. I changed all of the tyres about two years ago, but the sensors are the original ones when car was bought from new in 2015. I have had one or two of the wheels checked by a local tyre fitter for tyre leakage, nothing found. I was wondering if it was time to renew all of the sensors as it seems odd that it's affecting all four?
Has anyone had similar issues and does anyone know what costs are involved using Nissan dealer? Hoping for some good advice, thanks. UK based.
the sensors won`t make your tyres loose air. unless it`s leaking from the tyre valve or around the rims. when the batts go in the sensor then the car will let you know with a warning as it`s no longer working.
if you want new sensors then check the link below.
https://tpmswarehouse.co.uk/shop/?make= ... =2013-2016

i`m guessing that your pumping the tyres up to 33psi front and 30psi rear when cold and then re-setting the tyre pressure setting in the car menu ??
TruBrit

Post by TruBrit »

andy2019 wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:40 pm
TruBrit wrote: Mon Jan 16, 2023 7:09 pm Hi
the sensors won`t make your tyres loose air. unless it`s leaking from the tyre valve or around the rims. when the batts go in the sensor then the car will let you know with a warning as it`s no longer working.
if you want new sensors then check the link below.
https://tpmswarehouse.co.uk/shop/?make= ... =2013-2016

i`m guessing that your pumping the tyres up to 33psi front and 30psi rear when cold and then re-setting the tyre pressure setting in the car menu ??
Pumped up to the correct pressures and reset in menu. Was wondering if there could be an issue with the valve mechanism causing the gradual air loss as they are nearly eight year old?
TruBrit

Post by TruBrit »

Carrying on.
A week or two back I had my wheels powder coated black by a local company(see photo) . This meant a full wheel strip down, paint and re-fit. The day after I got the car back, the front nearside tyre was almost flat. I contacted "The Wheel Company", who told me to take it back to them for inspection. The op squirted some soapy water around the valve and bubbles appeared. He tried torqueing the valve up, but still the same. He decided to take the wheel off to get at the sensor body. I had told him about the prior issue of air loss in all four wheels. He said he had smeared the seal area (see photo) of the valve with grease on each wheel before fitting. He cleaned the sensor again and re-fit the tyre. We decided to monitor all of the wheels for a week for any air loss. Nearly two weeks later there has been none. The lad said to contact them if I have any further air loss issues and we will look into fitting new seals or complete sensors. Fingers crossed it's not for a while yet.

IMG_20230213_170340.jpg

Screenshot_20230213_165832.jpg