Had my car a week,couple of questions!

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
Gasmansteve
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Gasmansteve »

Hi guys
Lovin the car but wondering about the alarm/immobilizer.
1. Is there an alarm actually fitted as the car locks fine but has no red flashing indicator?. The manual just refers to a Thatcham alarm 'if fitted'?
2. Is it possible to lock the keys inside the car? My last car a Mazda CX5 wouldn't allow this.
3. Is it possible to accidentally lock/arm the car while driving?.
I haven't tried any of the above (for obvious reasons) and I know a quick call to the dealer will answer these but thought I ask here first to folk that actually have one.
Cheers
Steve

Gel
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Gel »

If you're in UK, will have a Thatcham approved alarm; YOU NEED TO UPDATE YOUR FORUM SIGNATURE.
We'd then know your location/ exact model.

Yes the QQ will object if you try to lock with keyfob inside.

Not sure on current QQ model, but auto locking was not a feature on my model year, unless you fitted
an aftermarket dongle in the OBD port.
It's standard on the CX 5 as you stated, once you hit 10mph.
2014-19 J11A-14 1.5dci Ink Blue Tekna owner; now departed for a Mazda CX-5 GT Sport Nav, 2.0L Petrol :D
alexanderkrik
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by alexanderkrik »

Just to add to Gel's reply. Go to the settings in your driver's display (using the arrows on the steering wheel). Find vehicle settings and Alarm system (if fitted). If you don't see this, you don't have an alarm
Qashqai J12 e-Power, Tekna Bose, Pearlescent White
Gasmansteve
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Gasmansteve »

Hi guys thanks for the info much appreciated 👍.
Yes I am in the UK !
Pleased to report that I do indeed have an alarm fitted.
If I leave the key fob in the car and try to lock the car with the handle button it beeps and won't lock which is good.
So quite relieved things seem as they should be although why Nissan couldn't stretch to a small led to indicate the car is alarmed to deter any wouldbe T-leaf I've no idea unless I've not seen it ?.
Thanks again
Steve
kayaustin
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by kayaustin »

It beeps and won't lock if I attempt to lock the vehicle with the handle button while the key fob is still inside, which is nice.

drift hunters