Nissan Qashqai battery/alternator issue

Forum for Engine, Exhaust, Drivetrain, ECU
ska_abbas
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by ska_abbas »

Yes, will do :)
I hope they can pinpoint to the problem. Lets see!

ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas »

andy2019 wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 11:40 pm
ska_abbas wrote: Tue Oct 24, 2023 7:21 pm Yes, new EFB 096 battery fitted.
I have an appointment with Nissan next week to diagnose the issue.

I have checked all fuses and they are fine. Along with battery, also getting s/s failure, forward emergency break light and anti slip light.
report back next week after nissan have checked it out. :P
Hi Andy

No luck :(
They suspected IPDM/ECU but couldn't really identify the issue. They were getting U0111 Communication error code, along with others on glow plug (historic), forward emergency braking light and intake air temperature sensor (historic). Nissan quoted me £1900 to replace ECU/IPDM and glow plugs, which obviously isn't worth for 8 years old car. Hence, now I am completely lost, what to do
richardT

Post by richardT »

Sorry to bring up an old topic as my first post but did you manage to sort this?

I’ve had the same issue and the garage has had my car over a week. Battery replaced. Alternator replaced. Wiring checked. Engine management light still on and battery not charging.

Any pointers would be greatly received. Other than binning the car that has been a nightmare from the start.
ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas »

Quick update for those who might find this useful.

The alternator has been replaced with Nissan Alternator, and all dashboard lights have disappeared. The previous alternator was charging the battery, but for some reason not communicating with the ECM, hence the car was throwing all the faults mentioned in the topic. Everything is back to normal now and hope it stays that way.
ska_abbas

Post by ska_abbas »

richardT wrote: Fri Jan 12, 2024 8:16 am Sorry to bring up an old topic as my first post but did you manage to sort this?

I’ve had the same issue and the garage has had my car over a week. Battery replaced. Alternator replaced. Wiring checked. Engine management light still on and battery not charging.

Any pointers would be greatly received. Other than binning the car that has been a nightmare from the start.
see my post above.
richardT

Post by richardT »

Thanks, they’ve put three different types of alternator on and had some success by replacing it with the Nissan/Bosch one.

Now it’s throwing an ECU fault (apparently it’s made my Continental) and is stuck in limp mode.

Probably going to call it a day and sell it broken. Never buying another Nissan ever again.