Is WiFi inlcluded

ICE, Equipment, Options
Clarky94
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Clarky94 »

I have seen a post that states map and TomTom updates are included for the first three years does anyone know if the WiFi hotpot in the car is also included for 3 years on the j12 Qashqai
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

I am completely unaware of any features that the new model might introduce but I f it’s like my J11B, you might have to "introduce" your car to your home WiFi to obtain updates.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

MikeGC wrote: Sat Jul 31, 2021 10:54 am I am completely unaware of any features that the new model might introduce but I f it’s like my J11B, you might have to "introduce" your car to your home WiFi to obtain updates.
There is a wifi hotspot feature in J12, but most likely it isn't free for certain period. I think pricing can be seen in the Nissan connect app. I have seen the hotspot menu in some reviews and also in the car I test drove earlier.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Taken from the Nissan small print:
In-Car WiFi is always a paid service available on subscription. For more information, please contact your Nissan dealer
I believe it’s a separate SIM plan to enable up to 7 devices to connect via on-board WiFi. Fitting 7 people into a Qashqai to use their devices is a different problem altogether :lol: :roll:
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

i did see the hopspot feature of the one i test drove but cant find anything about trial periods or charges - it just asked me if wanted to activate it
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Only in the US I'm afraid (but not in my European country anyway) ... one gets 1 GB trial period/data Wifi Hotspot data for FREE :

https://www.nissanusa.com/connect/featu ... tspot.html

"The wireless features in your vehicle, including Wi-Fi hotspot require use of your in-vehicle modem (if equipped). While your NissanConnect Wi-Fi Hotspot is in use, some other wireless features may be unavailable or may require a wired connection. Please see FAQs for additional information.
Trial details
Access complimentary 1 GB or 30 Day Trial (whichever comes first) of NissanConnect with Wi-Fi Hotspot on equipped new Nissan vehicles, and connect up to seven Wi-Fi enabled devices at once. For subscription information, visit the MyNISSAN Owner Portal, or click here to start enrollment."

"Will my new vehicle include a free trial period of data service?
Yes – as part of our partnership with AT&T, you will receive a complimentary trial of Wi-Fi service for 30 days or 1GB of data usage (whichever comes first) when you purchase a new Wi-Fi Hotspot-equipped Nissan model. As a new owner, you must initiate the start of your included Wi-Fi trial by logging into the "MyNissan Owner Portal", then clicking on the "Nissan Connect® with Wi-Fi Hotspot” tab. Click on “Manage Subscription” and you will be linked into the AT&T Portal to determine your Wi-Fi trial eligibility and initiate trial activation, if available."

What I don't understand about this in-car WIFI feature is that my dealer told me there is no sim in the new QQ ... so how do they then technically provide this OTA service ? This can't go through the GPS antenna, can it !???

Is this maybe 4G data from our own smartphone (of the driver that plugs in the USB cable ) :?: :?: :?: