Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

A couple more comments from a Nissan advert on Facebook:

• Ordered mine 7 May. Told me it would be ready in July, now they're telling me end of September!
    Reply from Nissan: “ Hi ###%, sorry to hear about the delay for you. Nissan is doing all we can to get all ordered vehicles to customers as quickly as possible. Whilst there are some production delays at present, we are keeping dealers up to date with this and adjusting production lead times as necessary.”
  • My partner was promised delivery on 1st September or around this date now put back till October 8th. Hi Nissan can you give us a reason for hold up.
    Nissan’s reply: “ Hi #####, there's been a fantastic demand for the all-new Qashqai and Nissan is doing everything possible to meet customer needs. We appreciate estimated delivery delays can be frustrating and we can't wait for your partner to be behind the wheel. Please keep in touch with your local dealer for the latest updates. Thanks”
  • Still waiting for mine since beginning of May keeps being put back
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Thank you Sandgrounder.
"there's been a fantastic demand for the all-new Qashqai and Nissan is doing everything possible to meet customer needs. " ... PR statement !
Nissan knew what demand was when they gave estimated delivery dates.
But at least it is being officially confirmed (also by Nissan) that there is at least 'some' delay.
We already knew Nissan is not the only one affected by shortages of all kinds ... so fingers crossed.
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Some more comments from the last couple of days on Facebook:

• My September 1st delivery is now late December. I can accept that reluctantly, but what I don’t accept is being told the price will change as my trade in will devalue more by then. I have a signed order form which I consider to be legally binding. Next stop, citizens advice.
  • Was told order due ,August/ September now its Oct / Nov, that's it , not Nov ,im gonna cancel till new year 😡
  • Asked about delivery times for mobility cars and was told to check with garage but their replies change from week to week. Ordered in July and was told delivery would be September now it’s end of November. Our due date was mid august but we wanted to wait for the new qasquai very disappointed that we can’t get a real delivery date as Nissan say ask the garage who say it’s up to nisssn so we are stuck in the middle wondering if we will get our new car this side of the new year. We understand their are problems with chips but why take orders when you can’t deliver
  • Ordered our new one on mobility at the start of July told we might get it end of September now being told end of November what is the hold up
  • just ordered the new Qashqai… 71 plate and delivery has been put back to November 🤷🏼‍♂️

Reply from Nissan to most of the above comments:
Nissan is doing everything possible to meet the demand for the all-new Qashqai. Unfortunately the social media team do not have access to delivery schedules, but your local dealer will have the latest information on the order you placed. Nissan will keep dealers updated with the latest information so it’s best to keep in touch with yours for updates. Thanks
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

DaveBerlin wrote: Thu Aug 19, 2021 2:10 pm After reading these depressing posts on Forum members that have ordered new QQ’s and are now being cancelled by Nissan makes me wonder if it is likely the Dealer is the problem and the correct Spec has not been submitted to Nissan Production. For Nissan to cancel an Order over for example a Fog Light Package is laughable, but I could be wrong !
There appears to be “No Official” Nissan Part No. for the “Fog Lights”, it just states a “GASS KIT” which is a Nissan Internal Ordering System raised by a Guy called what else but “GASS” in Nissan US.
68664612-BEB8-49C1-AA02-3C461F5ABB05.jpeg

Now Checking the Nissan UK Configurator I found nothing about “Fog Lights”, except that there is a Model Spec for a “Heat Pack” with a Spec :
E2C72211-50D6-4D2A-A13D-9C67A8F293CB.jpeg
On Checking what is available on the German Configurator Spec there is a “Winter Paket” which included LED Foglights / Front Heated Screen / Heated Front Seats / Heated Steering Wheel priced @ €700, but on the Tekna / Tekna + here it is a STD @ No Extra Cost.
8D08FF5B-BF84-47A2-9A3C-E8DC35222E96.jpeg
I have checked our official Tekna + Spec. Quotation and the Fog Lights are included @ No Cost !

2C36EF61-7974-48B8-BCDD-E4F2A528CEAB.jpeg
1AD730CA-494B-4D20-A869-834F3167F456.jpeg

Sorry but my Brain what’s left of it is beginning to hurt, let’s hope this gets sorted soon for the Members that have ordered - Dave 🥴
if Nissan are cancelling orders because they have been raised incorrectly why did they wait 2 months in my case
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Why 'they' waited 2 months ? ... there are of course multiple possible explanations but, IMHO, your dealership might know the real and true answer to that question.
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

Just checked with my dealer. According to his system, my order is still on its original ETA for October 1st. Lets hope there are no delays on it.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

To be honest the whole roll-out of the revised Qashqai - and the Ariya - is a total mess for Nissan. And the dragging on and on of the J11b which resulted from it.

Just compare to Hyundai and Kia who are getting their cars to market so much more straightforwardly.

The new Qashqai is already dated in certain respects and the Ariya now has stiff competition to deal with which could have been avoided if it had been launched a year ago before the opposition.

It will be interesting to see how the Ariya is price-pitched but it'll have to be quite "cheap" (relatively speaking) to address the newer opposition.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed both the new Qashqai as well as the EV Ariya are, IMHO, already outdated regarding electronics, engines/power delivery compared to the 2022 KIA models EV6 and Sportage, Hyundai IONIC 5, Lexus NX 2022 ...
It is more than obvious that Nissan is aware of this but simply can't compete (much sooner and even before the others) as they would like against the biggest car companies with resources they can only dream about.
I am still expecting a more official statement from Nissan on (potential-) delays but ... won't hold my breath.
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Jaguar Land Rover is the latest car manufacturer to tell potential customers about long delays (potentially over 12 months) to production of the Land Rover Defender, Discovery, Discovery Sport, Range Rover Evoque and Jaguar E-Pace compact SUVs. :(

Jaguar Land Rover has informed leasing companies that there will be long lead times on over 50 different variants of its existing range, meaning deliveries of company car vehicles could take in excess of 12 months to arrive.

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/article-9919375/JLR-customers-forced-wait-YEAR-delivery-models.html
Stevie G

Post by Stevie G »

Just ordered mine, been told Jan/Feb delivery. Hope it’s not delayed.