Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Sophs50522
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sophs50522 »

DuffersMum wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:08 am
Sophs50522 wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 9:24 am Ok weirdly it worked today, I did read somewhere that it needed to be done when their contact centre is open! Maybe that was it.

Never mind :lol:
Mine was working fine..then I had to update the app and since then it keeps saying I need a code...can’t be arsed with it!

Oh no!
Wouldn't suprise me if mine does that eventually.
I need it for sat nav ideally so I hope not lol
Not used to all these quirks, still learning a few things about this car!

Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

frogo wrote: Thu Apr 07, 2022 10:00 pm Since we’re talking about the Sat Nav and the connect app, something interesting I found today. If you search for petrol stations on the Sat Nav in the Car (pressing POI) it will show you a list of stations close to you ….. and also the current price of the fuel at the station! I’ve never seen that before in a car or Sat Nav. Nice when you’re looking for a station on a trip and arn’t a local.

Now that is good to know! I'm going away in 3 weeks so this will be useful. Thanks for sharing.
Sophs50522

Post by Sophs50522 »

OK so another question... sorry if I'm doing everyone's head in.

My 12 year old sometimes like to stay in the car when nip in the shop but if I lock her in the alarms go off.
Any ideas how to solve this? Wouldn't leave her in there with it unlocked.
( she has a phone for emergencies so please no judging )

And do anyones wipers go off randomly whilst on auto with no rain?
Not sure if an issue with my electrics.
My car stalled whilst running yesterday whilst parked in a bay. Which I found weird but hasn't done it since.

Swear I've got a car from dodgy batch :lol:
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

There should be a few options for the Alarm System in the settings menu: ON, ASK ON EXIT and DISABLE ONCE.

ALSO, make sure you don’t double press the lock button on the remote if someone is still inside the car. Double pressing the lock button activates the Superlock, where fitted (a new feature on the J12/Mark 3 Qashqai - it’s similar to deadlocks on other vehicles. It will be impossible to open the doors from inside the car).

The auto rain wiper function has always been a bit “random” on all my Qashqai’s 🤷🏻‍♂️ :?

1A71830B-1475-4253-8686-A243FA8BBFA4.jpeg

Sophs50522 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:56 pm OK so another question... sorry if I'm doing everyone's head in.

My 12 year old sometimes like to stay in the car when nip in the shop but if I lock her in the alarms go off.

My car stalled whilst running yesterday whilst parked in a bay. Which I found weird but hasn't done it since.

Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)
Newqash

Post by Newqash »

Try getting her to lock it from the inside when you get out the car, that's what my daughter does.
Iqzy

Post by Iqzy »

What colour did you guys choose? (People still waiting for delivery of car).

I ordered in early March and was called 1st April to say it's on backorder. So guessing be around September. When they sold it to me they said grey but I see it's put down as Gun Metallic. Has anyone seen this colour in the flesh? Nice?

Also opted for some body and interior protection. Apparently they spray it with one time solution that protects the outside from dirt, bird poo and tree dirt that stays looking polished and inside if there are spills you can wipe off.
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Iqzy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:37 am What colour did you guys choose? (People still waiting for delivery of car).

I ordered in early March and was called 1st April to say it's on backorder. So guessing be around September. When they sold it to me they said grey but I see it's put down as Gun Metallic. Has anyone seen this colour in the flesh? Nice?

Also opted for some body and interior protection. Apparently they spray it with one time solution that protects the outside from dirt, bird poo and tree dirt that stays looking polished and inside if there are spills you can wipe off.
The new Qashqai is available in a choice of 2 "greys"
1. Gun-metal which is a timeless beauty and really doesn’t show the dirt (I’ve had a 2014 Juke and a 2017 QQ in this colour - it’s great)
2. Ceramic Grey - a bit marmite - apparently it’s popular but I really didn’t like it

The spray/treatment - no idea - it wasn’t offered/discussed by my salesman (although this is my third QQ)
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
xaote

Post by xaote »

Sophs50522 wrote: Sat Apr 09, 2022 4:56 pm OK so another question... sorry if I'm doing everyone's head in.

I had this bookmarked for my dog

Screenshot_20220409_183227.jpg

J12 Acenta Premium 158 Xtronic
malvern_man
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by malvern_man »

Iqzy wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 4:37 am What colour did you guys choose? (People still waiting for delivery of car).

Body and interior protection done by the dealers...a complete rip off. Half the time they don't even put it on and they just charge you for it.

Bird poo...no coating will protect against that, it's acid and will still burn through the coating and it will still etch your clear coat/paint.

If they do actually apply it to your car then it'll probably only last about 6 months,

I bet they didn't tell you that if you take it through a garage car wash the coating will be ruined. Also taking it to one of those £5.00 wash and scratch places will ruin it too.

You'd be better saving your money and arranging for a proper car valeter/detailer to apply a proper coating to your new car.
2020 (70 Plate) 1.3 DiG-T 140 ~ 6 Speed Manual ~ Tekna+ in Pearl Black.
2022 (22 Plate) BMW X5 40i xDrive M Sport in Phytonic Blue.
Iqzy

Post by Iqzy »

malvern_man wrote: Sun Apr 10, 2022 10:29 am

Body and interior protection done by the dealers...a complete rip off. Half the time they don't even put it on and they just charge you for it.

Bird poo...no coating will protect against that, it's acid and will still burn through the coating and it will still etch your clear coat/paint.

If they do actually apply it to your car then it'll probably only last about 6 months,

I bet they didn't tell you that if you take it through a garage car wash the coating will be ruined. Also taking it to one of those £5.00 wash and scratch places will ruin it too.

You'd be better saving your money and arranging for a proper car valeter/detailer to apply a proper coating to your new car.
Yeah sorry it was coating not spray. I am kinda weary now and may call to cancel that. And yes sorry bird poo is acidic they said it can easily be removed if done straight away. This is what they said the coating will provide.

Here is a summary of the permanent protection available for
your Nissan Qashqai.

The following is included:

Exterior Protection - The vehicle is given a deep clean before applying
two layers of protection to fill the pores of the paintwork and bond
together to provide a high gloss finish which protects the vehicle's
paintwork from the harsh environment that surrounds it, such as UV rays,
oxidisation, atmospheric fallout, acid rain, road salt and other
contributors. The advanced polymer sealant is professionally applied to
your vehicle using the most up to date technology, and it creates an
invisible and durable high-gloss barrier that helps strengthen and
protect modern day water and solvent based paint finishes from the worst
that the elements can do. There is no need to wax or polish and it is
easier to remove bird mess, insect fluids and tree sap etc.

Interior Protection - upholstery is impregnated with a resin based
formula which won't wash out, and protects against spillages of coffee,
tea, milk, soft drinks, juices, water and other similar liquids from
permanently staining your fabrics and carpets.
Dirt can be either vacuumed or wiped off. The invisible barrier helps
reduce friction between the fibres prolonging their life. This allows
the fabrics and carpets to retain their natural texture and appearance.
InteriorGard complies fully to COSSH and ISO 9001 regulations.

VinylGard - This creates an anti-static finish on the fascia and other
interior surfaces, keeping them flexible while protecting and
maintaining their appearance. This professionally applied finish bonds
to your car's interior surfaces and forms a tough protective barrier.
The coating prevents the sun's UV rays from penetrating the vinyl, so
there's no fading or cracking and the matt finish reduces reflections
from the dashboard on the windscreen.

After Care Kit - Includes shampoo, glass cleaner, alloy wheel
protection, scuff remover, bird lime neutraliser spray and micro fibre
sponge.

Key Finder - 2 separate key fobs with a reward on (House keys, car keys
etc. - 3 years cover).
No key owner details are given to the finder or any third party,
guaranteeing maximum confidentiality and security. Over 90% people get
their keys back within the first 3-4 hours!