Expected delivery and subsequent delays

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Sandgrounder
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Sandgrounder »

Thought it best to start a new topic with what I have been reading on Nissan's Facebook page and with my order being delayed by at least a month. This is fully understandable due to worldwide chip shortages and 10% of the Sunderland workforce being sent home due to NHS Test and Trace earlier in July.

My Qashqai was due to be delivered to the showroom on the 27th August with collection from 1st September but it has now been pushed back by at least a month.

Some comments in the last 24 hours (16th-17th August 2021) from other potential new Qashqai owners on the Nissan Facebook page:
  • My September 1st delivery is now late December
  • Was told order due, August/ September now its Oct / Nov
  • Ordered in July and was told delivery would be September now it’s end of November
  • Ordered our new one on mobility at the start of July told we might get it end of September now being told end of November what is the hold up
  • Just ordered the new Qashqai… 71 plate and delivery has been put back to November
  • ordered ours last week and was told November/December
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Previously: 1.2 N-Tec DIG-T 115 J11A ~ Blade Silver (Nov 14-Sep 17)

QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

That's a brilliant idea Sandgrounder !
Thank you.

I hope we will get an idea for each dealership expected delivery if and when it might get delayed.
Maybe it would also be advisable to also include the trim / gearbox aswell as the region/country !
:idea:
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

@QaiFan - I will keep an eye out for further comments on Facebook.

The comments I have supplied above appear to be from UK customers but they didn’t indicate which model of Qashqai they had ordered. :|
Now: 1.3 Tekna DIG-T 158 MHEV J12 ~ LED Front Fog Lights ~ Ceramic Grey with Pearl Black Roof/Grey Interior
Before: 1.2 N-Connecta DIG-T 115 J11B ~ Heat Pack ~ LED Pack ~ Vivid Blue (Sep 17-Oct 21)
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

Article from the Daily Mail website this morning:

Buying a new car in 2021 is harder than snapping up loo roll in the first week of the pandemic - and it is pushing prices for used models through the roof
https://www.dailymail.co.uk/money/cars/ ... -2021.html
While some semiconductors needed in vehicles have been around for ages and are 'old-hat' in the world of chip technology - like those used for controlling the ABS braking or monitoring the exhaust emissions - others required to power complex high-definition digital displays, manage assisted-driving features and to help mitigate crashes are far more advanced. The latter are also in highest demand.
With tech products, like smartphones and televisions, having shorter sale and life-cycles, brands developing and producing them at pace are placing the biggest orders for the latest, most expensive - and most profitable - chips going. Given that these orders are more lucrative for semiconductor producers, car firms are being bumped down the list for the parts.
:geek:
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed, new (model-)car delivery delays seem to be ... the new normal.
But OTOH and AFAIK we still have no 'general' idea how this will/may impact the delivery of the new J12 QQ as long as Nissan does not offically tell us what potential roadblocks it (may) expects.
The new 'Ariya' EV is delayed to 2022, so much we now know for sure.
But that could of course mean Nissan delayed the Ariya to keep the electronics systems and chips with the sole purpose to use these in the new J12 QQ (to prevent -further- delays) !???
:idea: :?:
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

I ordered my Tekna Bose 158 Manual in Magnetic Blue with the optional led fog-lights in mid June with an expected delivery to dealer 20th July 2021.

I get a call from the dealer this morning informing me that Nissan have cancelled my order because its not possible to order the Bose upgrade and the Led fog-lights on a Tekna model in the uk (even thought its possible to configure via the website) - so instead of asking the dealer to ask the customer would they mid dropping one of them they just cancel the whole order - re ordering now is likely to mean a new year delivery
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@Clarky94. Sorry to read that !
Almost un-be-lie-va-ble ... simply crazy, but these are no ordinary circumstances.
Normally one would expect Nissan (not being VW, Mercedes nor BMW) to do *everything* in their power to at least get the sale, any sale.
I hope your dealership will come up with an acceptable solution.
Nissan might have cancelled the deal, but that could easily be reversed if the customer agrees to drop some accessories I would think !???
Sandgrounder

Post by Sandgrounder »

@Clarky94 sorry to hear about the experience with your order. It just beggars belief that this has happened to you and your order has been cancelled without consulting you. :(

I did notice someone mentioned on Facebook that their order with LED fog lights had been delayed and I am now wondering whether my order will get cancelled too? :?
Clarky94

Post by Clarky94 »

The Bose option seems a fairly standard thing to upgrade to I’ve got it in my current Qashqai and it’s fantastic and as for the fog lights the demonstrator Qashqai that you see on all the adverts sporting these very sexy fog lights so they really pushing them however they can’t deliver. This is actually the second time that I’ve caught Nissan out they advertised that the passenger seat in the Techna J 12 was electric and I think as far as I know it still is being stated in the configurator tool online but i it’s actually not and after I brought this to their attention it was necessary for Nissan to send all our dealers a memo to the effect this not being correct- I did raise a complaint with them stating mis-selling and they did compensate me hoping they’ll do something like this again as I don’t really want to have to wait until next year if I have to reorder now
Current Car Qashqai 2017 j11b 1.5dci Tekna Grey
Coming Soon Qashqai 2021 J12 Tekna 158 in Mag Blue inc Fog Lights
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

@Clarky94 :

- Did you ask whether it was not possible to get the Tekna+ trim instead since those would have those options by default (dunno for sure about UK though) -or- is it simply only those particular options themselves that are not available because these 2 accessories / parts are not
easy to get in time by Nissan !???

- Does this inability to deliver only apply to the UK J12 QQ or also to the broader European market ???

:?: