Fan turning on when air con on

ICE, Equipment, Options
Krobbo278
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai Facelift - J10b (2010–2013)

Post by Krobbo278 »

Morning,
I have a 2013 model (before the facelift) and at the moment whenever I turn on the air con the engine fan kicks in. The temperature gauge tends to stick around the half way mark.
I topped up the coolant recently so it's not that, does anyone have any suggestions please?
I am not too mechanically minded so please keep it simple :lol: but I would like to learn!
Thanks

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

There are six electrical inputs to the Engine Control Unit and two of them actually start the fan. They are Battery volts and Engine speed....apart from the driver turning on the AC.

These signals would need testing for...an electrical job.
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

If you turn AC on - then the condenser needs cooling to cool the refrigerant
Qashowner
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Qashowner »

If you run the car without air con on and then you turn the air con on, the fan will go full speed, you then adjust the fan speed yourself, it should also go on full speed if you turn on the windscreen demister.

I always keep the air con turned on in my car, was advised this by an air conditioning engineer and if it get cold, just turn the heater up.
Past cars Mercedes B Class, S Class, E Class Estate, E Class Coupe, G Wagen, 260E interspersed with Peugeot 406 and Audi Coupe.