My AWD magnetic blue tekna+ J12

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
ilkka
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by ilkka »

contor wrote: Sun Dec 19, 2021 6:28 pm
Hey Ilkka from Greece.
I'm about to recieve my new J12 techna+ awd tomorrow from my dealership.
At the same time with ordering my car I ordered and some accessories, one of those was the removable towbar with the 13pin socket.
And the final result is this that you can see at the photo below. Is possible to post a photo under of your back pumper to check if you have the same cut with me. Thank U so much.
I was wrong before, there is a cut for the towbar. Sorry about that. I wasn't down enough to see it when I tried looking. Car is dirty, but that's what few days of 0C degrees does to you and then it goes straight back to -20C.

IMG_20211220_072929.jpg

Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof

contor

Post by contor »

Thank U for your immediate answer. You are awesome cause I m on the road for my dealership to ask them explains. A big thanks again for avoiding me from a misunderstanding. I wish you the best for Christmas.
ophidian

Post by ophidian »

Hi Contor,

your towbar is the original one KE5KT6U510?

does the foot sensor for opening tail still works?

regards, matej

ilkka wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:59 pm
xaote wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 3:44 pm
Hi Ilkka.
I hope you are enjoying your new car. I have some questions about your towbar as I will be fitting one when my car arrives if you wouldn't mind helping out.
Which make did you go for, removable or fixed? If it needed a bumper cut to install? If the bumper needed to be removed? Does it interfere with parking sensors? I've also read some cars need an ECU update for some reason but I can't find out anything about this for the J12. Is there anything else I need to know about?
Thank you in advance for your time. Jim
It's a fixed one, I ordered it through the dealership I bought the car from, it's the "official" one from Nissan since it was priced the same as the one in the catalog and they installed it for me so I don't know if they removed the bumper. It does not interfere with any sensors and the electric plug folds under the car so it's not visible. And it doesn't need the bumper to be cut, it comes out nicely from underneath. I can take some photos tomorrow, too dark already for that.
Hey Ilkka from Greece.
At the same time with ordering my car I ordered and some accessories, one of those was the removable towbar with the 13pin socket.
And the final result is this that you can see at the photo below. Is possible to post a photo under of your back pumper to check if you have the same cut with me. Thank U so much.
April '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Blue/Black
ilkka

Post by ilkka »

ophidian wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:26 am Hi Contor,

regards, matej
Mine is not removable, but it works with it so I would think it also works with the removable one.
Current: Nissan Qashqai 2021 J12 1.3 MHEV 158 Xtronic 4WD Tekna+ (Magnetic Blue)
Previously: Nissan Qashqai 2008 J10 1.6 Acenta with glass roof
ophidian

Post by ophidian »

Hi ilkka,

thx for sharing this info.

i am in search of vertically detachable towbar but whatever i can find, it is stated that it will not work with tailgate foot sensor except the original one....but original is quote protruding out.

br,matej
contor

Post by contor »

Hi Matej
Yes the towbar is the original one (KE5KT6U510) and the foot sensor still works.
As they told me before the installation the sensor isn't affected by the towbar or the socket installation.
And about the cut there is a pattern at the internal side of the bumper from the factory.

ophidian wrote: Fri Mar 11, 2022 8:26 am Hi Contor,

regards, matej

ilkka wrote: Tue Nov 23, 2021 4:59 pm

It's a fixed one, I ordered it through the dealership I bought the car from, it's the "official" one from Nissan since it was priced the same as the one in the catalog and they installed it for me so I don't know if they removed the bumper. It does not interfere with any sensors and the electric plug folds under the car so it's not visible. And it doesn't need the bumper to be cut, it comes out nicely from underneath. I can take some photos tomorrow, too dark already for that.
Hey Ilkka from Greece.
Last edited by contor on Wed May 04, 2022 5:23 am, edited 2 times in total.
ophidian

Post by ophidian »

@contor, thx a lot for confirmation.
contor

Post by contor »

Ilkka hi again.

Can you tell me if your driver’s and passenger’s mirrors are folding and unfolding in the same time?
Cause mine have a little different.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

There is a bug in the firmware that if you manually open and close the mirrors the system may get somehow... confused.
As long as this is not sorted out and fixed I will no longer do this manually!
contor

Post by contor »

QaiFan wrote: Fri Apr 01, 2022 9:19 pm There is a bug in the firmware that if you manually open and close the mirrors the system may get somehow... confused.
As long as this is not sorted out and fixed I will no longer do this manually!
Goodmorning.
Yes I know about this bug cause I had this problem at the first days. Sometimes one of them didn't fold or unfold at all.
I'm asking about the speed that the mirrors fold and unfold either manually either via the key.
Passenger's is a little faster in both of two movements.