Warning light

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Yorkie59

Post by Yorkie59 »

It is not the LDW system, it is a yellow flashing band that also beeps ,going across the top of the information panel with a triangle in the middle of the band with the image of a car inside the triangle. That's the best way I can describe it. It only last a few seconds when it happens. It is very intermittent sometimes nothing for weeks or it could happen 2-3 times in one day. The car I have is a 2020 Qashqai acenta premium.

delta25
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by delta25 »

Hey, I'm having the same problem on my 2019! Did you ever figure out what it was? Really curious!!
Pandjh
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Pandjh »

Is that not the front radar thinking you are about to crash into something? Usually it sticks the brakes on for you too. I get a fair number of false activations and automatically hit the gas to counter it.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
Spuriousfish

Post by Spuriousfish »

This is part of the Intelligent Emergency Breaking system, sometimes refered to as the Forward Emergency Breaking system. It uses the Front Camera and Radar Unit to detect if you're coming up too fast to a car in front. If it thinks so it will flash the Yellow Warning. If you take no action it will then go to a Red Warning and apply the brakes.

I've had the Yellow Warning a couple of times in situations that merrited it, such as a car cutting in front of me and then braking or someone pulling up a bit sharpish. Usually I'm already on the way to applying the brakes. Never had a Red Warning.

There are times when the Yellow Warning comes on falsley. It can get confused and I've seen it activate on bends when there are larges signs or parked cars and the sun is shining head on.

Also the system can be temporarily unavailable if there is dirt, snow, ice, etc covering the camera and/or front radar unit.