Fitting Dashcam to J12

The place to discuss everything else..
luke0586
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by luke0586 »

McVicar wrote: Wed Nov 03, 2021 10:01 pm On my Uk Qashqai. I ordered a micro 2 fuse adaptor from Amazon (came in a pack of five) I ran this down out the of fuse box out to the side to the door rubber the earth wire to to the bolt on the door jam. And the dash cam wire carried on up the door rubber into the head linning.
Do you have a link for your micro 2 adaptor as the ones that came with my next base kit don't fit?

Happy Grumpz

Post by Happy Grumpz »

Just fitted/hardwired my Blackview yesterday, to be honest, it was an absolute doddle.

The passenger side A pillar cover un clips really easily which enables you to avoid the airbag as you run the cable down the inside.

I tapped mine to the HUD fuse simply because I knew it was a switched feed, there’s plenty to pick from though.
2022 J12 1.3 DiG-T Xtronic Tekna+ - Blade Silver
IrishBrian

Post by IrishBrian »

I have a question for anyone that has done this themselves. When I ordered my J12 part of the deal was they would fit a hardwire kit for me. They did fit it but did a terrible job. Instead of working the length of the wire from the dashcam position, they did it from the fuse box end so I have loads of excess wire at the rear view mirror. I didn't see it at the time I picked the car up. The shop have said they will sort it out for me but they are about 100 kilometres away from me plus the hassle of waiting around while they do the job. So how hard of a job would it be for me to pull the wire back down to the fuse box until it is at the right length? I'm really not skilled when it comes to DIY jobs (that's what I tell my wife anyway) Thank you. Bri
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Welcome to this forum - it appears that the "integrated" one originally sold as being for the J12 will only fit the J11.

There was little detail about it technically too - I don't recall seeing the resolution.

I currently have a FullHD Nextbase 312GW and although it's MUCH better than my previous webcam, I'd go for a higher resolution in future. Numberplates are still tricky to read even with FullHD, partly because the field of vision is so large.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Happy Grumpz

Post by Happy Grumpz »

IrishBrian wrote: Tue Dec 06, 2022 4:22 pm I have a question for anyone that has done this themselves. When I ordered my J12 part of the deal was they would fit a hardwire kit for me. They did fit it but did a terrible job. Instead of working the length of the wire from the dashcam position, they did it from the fuse box end so I have loads of excess wire at the rear view mirror. I didn't see it at the time I picked the car up. The shop have said they will sort it out for me but they are about 100 kilometres away from me plus the hassle of waiting around while they do the job. So how hard of a job would it be for me to pull the wire back down to the fuse box until it is at the right length? I'm really not skilled when it comes to DIY jobs (that's what I tell my wife anyway) Thank you. Bri
Honestly, it’s a really simple job.

If you’re not confident, maybe push it up inside the headlining
2022 J12 1.3 DiG-T Xtronic Tekna+ - Blade Silver
IrishBrian

Post by IrishBrian »

Thank you. It is a nextbase hardwire kit that they fitted for me. I would say there is at least 1ft of excess to pull back through to the fuse box. I need to have a proper look. I think it's one of those jobs that seem a bit more scary than it actually it but being a new car, I don't want to break anything. Atm the excess is coiled around the rear view mirror!! It doesn't look too bad tbh and no one has even noticed it but it bugs me
Deleted User 10757

Post by Deleted User 10757 »

Un coil it and gently pull the cable from the fuse box end.
Anything that pops out is easily pushed behind a trim.

To be honest - from a dealer - its disgusting workmanship.

Insist they either come and collect and deliver the car back - or send some one to rectify.
You paid for a fitting that would have had a standard set of fitting instructions from Nissan

Never accept low quality work
IrishBrian

Post by IrishBrian »

Buffy wrote: Sat Dec 10, 2022 9:48 am Un coil it and gently pull the cable from the fuse box end.
Anything that pops out is easily pushed behind a trim.

To be honest - from a dealer - its disgusting workmanship.

Insist they either come and collect and deliver the car back - or send some one to rectify.
You paid for a fitting that would have had a standard set of fitting instructions from Nissan

Never accept low quality work
U are right it is terrible workmanship. What annoyed me most was the that'll do attitude when the mechanic realised his mistake at some point. I'll try your suggestion pulling it thru while someone else holds the trim in place. If it feels too tight ill leave it and get the dealership to do it
Thanks, Bri
SmilerJ

Post by SmilerJ »

Hi just wanted to ask I have J12 qashqai mild hybrid need to know what fuse box I attach my camera to.Seems more complicated than my old qashqai thanks
SmilerJ

Post by SmilerJ »

Ps sorry new to the forum hopefully someone will be able to help me with this thanks