Fitting Dashcam to J12

The place to discuss everything else..
chong168
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by chong168 »

Switched ignition or always on? If the former then I have used the Accessory fuse for mine.

ernesttpr

Post by ernesttpr »

Hi - I have a nextbase dash cam and am I correct that the parking mode only works if we piggyback it on a always on fuse? Can I just check which is the suitable always on fuse to use, and if I don't use my car for a prolonged period, will it fully drain my battery?

Thanks!
CarGuyUK

Post by CarGuyUK »

ernesttpr wrote: Thu Jul 06, 2023 6:32 pm Hi - I have a nextbase dash cam and am I correct that the parking mode only works if we piggyback it on a always on fuse? Can I just check which is the suitable always on fuse to use, and if I don't use my car for a prolonged period, will it fully drain my battery?

Thanks!
I will be fitting my next base dash cam to my j12 in the next couple of weeks. You will need an always live for parking mode but there are lots of reports of battery drain especially if it’s left over 48 hours so I’m going to just used a switched connection, not worth the risk. The dealership recommended I use the fuse labelled Bose amp for a switched connection if that helps.
J12 2023 DIG-T Mild Hybrid Manual Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Please like & Subscribe www.youtube.com/@carguyuk