Key fob issues

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Malcz86
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Malcz86 »

I spoke to the dealer again about the steering, before I even gave my car reg I was immeditely told "It's a Nissan issue there's no fix, we can only grease the gromit". I explained that I'm in every 4 months having it done, was then told only other thing they could do was change the steering bush, I asked them to do this as good will as issue was unresolved during the warranty period, they protested as they said it wasn't a guarenteed fix so wouldn't be covered by warranty, told them neither is greasing the gromit, they eventually agreed to do it as good will and its booked in for next week.

Also asked them to look at the key issues, but since my post above not sure if thats needed anymore.
Now: 1.3 NConnecta DIG-T 158 MHEV J12
Before: 1.2 Accenta Premium DIG-T J11

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Malcz86 wrote: Fri Dec 10, 2021 9:14 am
Could the temperature be effecting the keys?
All I can say is that my garage door is very reluctant to open when it's cold, and despite investigation of the motor I can't find out a reason why. You'd have thought modern electronics would be unaffected by a cold temperature, but who knows. Might be a sticking relay in my door's case?
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

A call to Nissan Customer Services UK would likely end the claim of a "Nissan Grommet issue". Steering is as pic below...no grommets. Seals/Dust Covers...yes

Steering Bush? Think they mean Suspension Bush. Anti Roll Bar commonly and not greased...ever.

Seems to be "something" about the way parts are being described by this dealer.

Scree47.png

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta