Goodbye

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
calmac
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by calmac »

Eight years of Qashqai ownership ended on Friday.
Two vehicles....a 1.6 2013 petrol manual entry model and a 2018 1.2 petrol CVT Tekna.
Both needed battery replacements under warranty, but apart from that very little went wrong.
It was only after buying the second vehicle that I became aware of the problems reported on here with the 1.2 engine....petrol consumption and engine blowing etc; then there was also a list of CVT problems which led me to think I might have bought a lemon.
Since warranty was up in may last year I have been a bit wary, trying to check the oil every week and finding no problems other than the sheer weight of the bonnet...too much for me in my mid seventies.
Now need a vehicle which can take a wheelchair and mobility scooter, so have opted for a Peugot Rifter converted with ramps and lifts etc.
I hope it turns out as reliable as the Qashqais in that all it will need is an annual service, petrol and oil.
Sometimes reading reviews can be nerve racking and I suppose I am trying to reassure readers who might worry about the low reliability rating of the Qashqai.
I am going to miss that Tekna in particular with all its bells and whistles.
I'll be an interested reader in future and bid farewell to all. Thanks for your support over the years....
.you're a friendly lot.

QashqaiKev
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QashqaiKev »

Sorry to see you go.

You're right about reviews on forums and message boards, but that's always the way. It's the vocal minority. There's a much higher incentive for those with problems to ask for advice, and those with issues to publicly vent. For every person complaining of a fault, there's another thousand with no fault who have no reason to come and tell us on a forum!

Hope you enjoy your new vehicle.
calmac
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by calmac »

Thanks Kev you are so right!