2015 Boot latch intermittent

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
rmparsons
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by rmparsons »

Hi All,

Having a real challenge with the boot on our Qashqai

Boot latch sounds like it closes and opens before you close the boot and on opening - the sound happens when the boot is about 30 cm's from being closed, so you have to pause the closing of the boot to let it effectively close and open and then close it - otherwise it does not shut fully.

Occasionally, if you have not closed it slowly and let it open and close and then drive - the boot will remain locked an unable to open until you turn off engine, turn back on again and then go for a drive.

To me it feels like it cold be electrical, sending signals to the latch at the wrong time. But I would welcome your thoughts and experience please as it is becoming a real challenge to use and we can't have the pram or the dog locked in the boot! Cheers

calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

I' d say that is an electrical fault and related to the rear door movement...by what you say.

The back door lock is controlled by Body Control Module (BCM) and associated wiring, switches and a door opener actuator. Difficult to determine what the problem is other than perhaps wiring?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta