New 12.3" Infotainment display from N-Connecta

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Halcyon
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Halcyon »

Hi
It was the middle of May, the salesman contacted me to say he had a cancelled order, I don't know when the order had originally been placed though.

duffmck

Post by duffmck »

Hi all,
Have been reading through this forum for last couple months which has been really helpful.
Ordered new N-connecta in July and dealer sourced me one quickly but with analogue dials which I cancelled immediately as its night and day compared to full 12" combimeter (and I knew thanks to you guys what should be in car).
Waited couple months on new order arriving and in that time Nissan has given model its face lift as described in this forum which obviously I was delighted with. So now I have the 2 12" screens and new logos etc in my chosen magnetic blue colour. (Got very lucky with that tbh) Stunning inside and out.
If it wasnt for reading this forum I would have the down-graded AND old version of car (EVEN THOUGH ITS BRAND NEW!). Feel sorry for the people who have suffered because of Nissan chopping/changing the trim of car and only missing out on new car by few weeks of ordering for EXACTLY same price!! :oops:
72' N-Connecta 1.3 Magnetic Blue
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Well done !!!
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

Been messing about with the wifes new tekna+ today.

It's got the new 12.3 info system which is a massive improvement from the original one in the J12....all be it I only had a mess about for 10/20 mins with the original.

Loads up quicky and responsive to touch.

Couple things that have stumped me so far.

1: Can you change the radio/DAB station from the steering wheel?

2: Is it possible to get DAB station art?

3: Is it possible to change the ambient lighting colour?
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

Well figured you can scroll your fav radio stations with the steering wheel. Maybe you can't bring up a list in the dash via the steering wheel?

Can't seem to get the maps up on the dashboard display when the navigation is set to a destination, it just comes up with the car and NSEW.

And tested android auto with the new 12.3 and can confirm it don't show routing on the HUD....and dashboard although as above not figured how to bring the built in maps up on the driver display.
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

johnnywells AFAIK that is still a limitation of Android Auto and Carplay.
Google Automotive may have it, and this may come in a next version of the Qashqai (like Renault that already offers it in the new 'Austral')
It does not show in the Dash nor the HUD because that requires versions that are not out yet (carplay will deliver it -thru API?- by 2024, or so I read)
(But I also read VW and AUDI does this by some -other- kind of screen mirroring, but I have never seen it at work)
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Jonnywells wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 4:40 pm Well figured you can scroll your fav radio stations with the steering wheel. Maybe you can't bring up a list in the dash via the steering wheel?

Can't seem to get the maps up on the dashboard display when the navigation is set to a destination, it just comes up with the car and NSEW.

And tested android auto with the new 12.3 and can confirm it don't show routing on the HUD....and dashboard although as above not figured how to bring the built in maps up on the driver display.
Think you added the same questions on Facebook

You need to use the arrows on the LH side of the steering wheel to select the correct screen. You scroll through a number of different screen options. You'll see little icons appear and you can select the map arrow. Should be covered in the handbook.

I believe to see more information on the driver display you need to select a display with the sporty look dials that maximise the amount of space available to show further information.

AA does not appear on HUD.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Jonnywells

Post by Jonnywells »

QaiFan wrote: Sun Sep 18, 2022 5:02 pm johnnywells AFAIK that is still a limitation of Android Auto and Carplay.
Google Automotive may have it, and this may come in a next version of the Qashqai (like Renault that already offers it in the new 'Austral')
It does not show in the Dash nor the HUD because that requires versions that are not out yet (carplay will deliver it -thru API?- by 2024, or so I read)
(But I also read VW and AUDI does this by some -other- kind of screen mirroring, but I have never seen it at work)
Lots of cars have AA where it can display the route info on the dash/HUD.

I had a loaner VW Passat a couple weeks back, android auto wireless worked fine (MIB3 system) and also displayed directions/map on driver display. Also BMW idrive 7/8 can do this fine, even works on the HUD so the API's are already available for both AA and carplay
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Jonnywells wrote: Mon Sep 19, 2022 6:49 pm

Lots of cars have AA where it can display the route info on the dash/HUD.

I had a loaner VW Passat a couple weeks back, android auto wireless worked fine (MIB3 system) and also displayed directions/map on driver display. Also BMW idrive 7/8 can do this fine, even works on the HUD so the API's are already available for both AA and carplay
That's interesting but irrelevant as the QQ doesn't have that functionality...so you won't make it work

Don't know why you'd need it as the QQ/Tomtom system is more than adequate for navigating via central/driver and HUD.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Nevertheless it is a pity that nissan did not implement Android auto in the dashboard and HUD, not even for the new 12.3 infotainment system in the 2023 qashqai!