Electric Bus Fire After Battery Explosion .....Paris

The place to discuss everything else..
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Another sparkly event...subject kept rather quiet in UK AFAIK:

Batteries in Roof.... :o

Recording shows the start of the fire which completely consumed an electric RATP bus on Friday 29 April this year. The incident caused no injuries. The bus burst into flames within seconds. In the images, we can see a small explosion occur on the roof of the bus, where the batteries are located, followed by huge flames that spread to the entire body, at breakneck speed. Some fairly big explosions continued

This line 71 bus caught fire in the 13th arrondissement of Paris in the morning, mobilizing around thirty workers, according to the firefighters contacted by Le Parisien. It is a 100% electric vehicle, from the Bolloré brand Bluebus 5SE series, like the bus that burned down at the beginning of April .

Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta

gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

This is the SECOND fire in one of these buses - here's the first one:
https://www.sustainable-bus.com/news/bu ... aris-ratp/

And so they've recalled them:
https://www.sustainable-bus.com/.../news/ratp-recalls/

... and in Munich too (possibly):
https://www.sustainable-bus.com/.../sbb ... t-fire.../
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
QaiFan
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by QaiFan »

Trending on social media... Show us your EV fireworks!
I wonder whether people will ever be allowed to charge their EV in an appartement building....even in my own garage... I would never feel safe again in my own house !?
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

We all need to consider the explosive power of petrol before getting too frightened by battery charging.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

MikeGC wrote: Mon May 02, 2022 9:36 am We all need to consider the explosive power of petrol before getting too frightened by battery charging.
As an ex 1955 VW Beetle and 1972 VW Variant owner I have considered it...and after some seconds I didn't bother again. However, the Beetle 12v battery is under the rear passenger seat. If care not taken here things can get a bit warm.

IMO Ev batteries come as a complete fire bomb...all components contained necessary to ignite and go. Petrol needs a distinct air/fuel mix before things get sparkley. I've seen 3 ICE fires on the road over a 45 year period and no explosions related. I don't doubt that via external events it can happen. Something the Ev battery doesn't require
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

"We all need to consider the explosive power of petrol before getting too frightened by battery charging."
Yep, I have seen that about a year ago ... a very expensive BMW going up in flames on the side of the road.
But still ... it seems that EV fires are nearly impossible to extinquish.
Logically it would make more sense to go back to the -EV- drawing board !
But in Europe the ECO-maffiosi decide.
In the US and elsewhere it may take many decades to convince people to switch if no real battery-tech breakthrough can be accomplished.
In Europe they decided to kill the European car industry and I am afraid that ... Nissan might be victim number 1 only a few years from now !
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

Well, big crap certainly hit the energy fan with Climate Madness, Covid and Ukraine. Can I sling Brexit in as well?

Nevermind:
Lets rush off onto Evs and we'll stick Hybrids in... just in case. Its knee jerk policy with extremely heavy costs attached.

Not forgetting the freighter (Felicity Ace) that caught fire and sank recently...full of Ev vehicles likely (VW, Porsche, Bentley etc)? No info yet

Sadly though...the acquisition method for Ev Batt materials is certainly ignored and is part of the current Hypocrisy spread really.

ECO and its viscous cruelty aspect:

1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
QaiFan

Post by QaiFan »

Indeed calnorth ... we ignore the terrible conditions people have to work for it as well as the horrible consequences that many batteries will have on our environent.
I have an "ECO CLIMATE warrior" in my family though and to him it is all BS ... we simply *have to be forced* to drive a bike, use public transport or ... God forbid even drive an EV if we can't help it !
This, reportedly, will save our planet (??)
Long Live the ... Big Battery Lie !