J12 Start stop power surge

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
eppiedutch
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by eppiedutch »

Hi Proc, like mentioned in prior posts, you can prevent this behavior from happening by just pressing the start-stop button once (hence deactivating the start-stop mechanism) at the start of every journey.
In the Netherlands this button is located to the left of the steering wheel (next to the lane assist button), but I don't know if these buttons are located similarly in UK models.

Of course this is only a manual workaround, but as long as Nissan / my local car dealership hasn't fixed this issue, it's only a minor inconvenience to do this.

I agree with you the car is otherwise very nice to drive!

srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

https://www.nissan-global.com/EN/INNOVA ... celerating.
Some models are equipped with a lithium-ion battery to regenerate more energy when decelerating.
These vehicles will begin idling stop during the deceleration and extend the idling stop time.
More on the topic here as well: https://europe.nissannews.com/en-GB/rel ... erformance
When decelerating, energy is recovered through regeneration and stored in the Lithium-ion battery.
This charged energy is then supplied during Idling Stop, Coasting Stop (Xtronic versions only) and Torque Assist.

When coasting to a stop, at speeds of less than 18kph, and `brake on', the engine will switch off and the stored energy is used to power the vehicle's electrical equipment.
This allows engine stop to be extended and fuel consumption lowered as a result.
And here:

https://x-engineer.org/mild-hybrid-elec ... -function/

After reading this I would say that this is a feature and not a problem. But again during that almost stop case (I don't full stop at the end but continue to drive) when it does shutdown the engine if I depress the break pedal I would expect in that second when the engine starts again (after it realises that I'm not doing full stop) that the car does same magic as with auto hold to prevent car from jumping and excellently hitting something in front.
J12 Tekna Xtronic
rigga

Post by rigga »

Glad I found this thread after a search, have encountered the same surging issue on our 22 plate auto.
Car was in the dealers last week for this, and a couple of other issues, master tech informed us that there wasn't an issue with the gearbox, although receptionist did let slip it was a known feature.
A reset was applied to the car and we had it back, although it's due to return for them to have it for a week for a intermittent heater motor issue, and we drove home, and it did indeed seem better, but we have now realised the stop start does not work, and although turned on in the settings, the dash icon has a line through it stating the system is off, so I'm wondering if they actually carried out a update, as mentioned by others on this thread, and it's not applied correctly .
If it's still not working by the time the car goes back, we will obviously mention this, but it's annoying for it to go in for one problem, and come out with another.
2016 n connector 1.2 xtronic auto ink blue J11
2019 n connector 1.3 dsg auto metallic red J11
2022 Tekna 1.3 xtronic auto ink blue J12
erkanozden

Post by erkanozden »

Hi,
I have the same issue for my J12.
I bought it November’22 and I think that all related software should be up to date.
I asked a dealer when I went for 1.000 km control they said that this is known issue but not have a fix for this yet.
November’22 - Qashqai J12 1.3DIG-T 160 Mild Hybrid X-tronic 2WD Platinum Premium - Gun Metallic - Turkey
srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

Then I guess first one to get (hopefully a software fix) will let us know here so we can instruct our dealers on what to do. :geek:
J12 Tekna Xtronic
srbqashqai

Post by srbqashqai »

Any update from anyone?
J12 Tekna Xtronic
Obo110

Post by Obo110 »

It needs to beconfirmed if this is only happening on e-Power models or normal ICE varients.

Not experienced tis on my e-Power.
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Obo110 wrote: Tue Dec 12, 2023 10:31 pm It needs to beconfirmed if this is only happening on e-Power models or normal ICE varients.

Not experienced tis on my e-Power.
It happens on my 1.3 160bhp CVT J12
It also happened on my 1.3 160bhp DCT J11B
Never driven an e-power but the drive trains are quite different so I suspect that it won’t occur on an e-power
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)