J12 HUD

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Pablo77r
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Pablo77r »

Hi all. Anyone managed to display music info like track title on HUD? I can see content to be displayed under hud settings menu and I have all boxes ticked but music info is not displayed. It worked once for few seconds when I changed map settings to display music on the map. I tried every music source with no luck

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Mine shows the radio station.
But that was set up for me by the salesman pre-delivery
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
cpt-spekkie

Post by cpt-spekkie »

I don't know if for Mike it continuously shows the radio station, but for me i can see the track titles only when i skip to the next or previous track.
If i remember correctly it also shows the trackname when it continues on its own after the song is over.

I have not really driven the car with a normal radio station selected, so thats why i cant remember if that stays in the screen or not.

Also make sure that the entire HUD is in view using the settings. I had to lower mine a bit because of my driving position.

Oh and i have had one time on a trip that it stopped displaying track info, but that was also for the main digital dash, there it would also not show anymore.
Tried resetting by turning the car off, opening the door and starting again, but same issue. The next drive it was back working, so i gathered i did not wait long enough in the reset. :P
Qashqai J12 | 1.3 MHEV | Tekna + design pack | Xtronic | Magnetic Blue + Black roof | 19" Rims | Light grey / grey interior | Privacy glass | Glass roof | Stainless door sills |
MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

Good point.
The H.U.D. shows the radio station for a few seconds, if I change stations.
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
Pablo77r

Post by Pablo77r »

Eventually got it sorted. I own the car for only two weeks now so all is pretty much new to me. I never previously used music controls on the steering wheel. So what happens is: when I change tracks via multimedia screen the don't show up on HUD but if I use steering wheel controls track info( rado station etc)info comes up on HUD for a while then goes away. Thanks
cpt-spekkie

Post by cpt-spekkie »

Ahh yeah that makes sense, never changed tracks from the screen so did not know that.
Also had today a pretty good drive and i need to correct my earlier statement, when the song ends and the next tracks starts it does not show it. Only when skipping / changing station from the wheel then.
Qashqai J12 | 1.3 MHEV | Tekna + design pack | Xtronic | Magnetic Blue + Black roof | 19" Rims | Light grey / grey interior | Privacy glass | Glass roof | Stainless door sills |