Software update and firmware

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

hootintootin wrote: Fri Jul 29, 2022 1:07 pm
lewisbryant wrote: Thu Jul 28, 2022 7:35 pm You can only find sw level on j12 AIVI 3.1 in the diagnostic menu not in settings

Latest sw level is 5350

And latest update fixes are for Apple car play, rebooting blank screen, AVM freeze whilst reversing, bluetooth/wifi connection, no function in cold temperature, and some addresses not working in some countries.
Helpful thanks.

AVM is certainly better when reversing so far.

Hope they fix the fact that you can't have the map in the driver display unless you've set a route
Excuse my ignorance - what is AVM.

Thanks

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.

hootintootin
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by hootintootin »

Around view monitor. The 360 cameras
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Steve101
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Steve101 »

hootintootin wrote: Sat Jul 30, 2022 2:13 pm Around view monitor. The 360 cameras
Many thanks

Steve
Tekna J12, magnetic blue, black roof.
jose.mauricio

Post by jose.mauricio »

I just bought a service J12 Nissan QASHQAI from 2021 with 10.000Km and ran into a problem regarding the system update on the day after. I received a message on the screen saying if I wanted to start the system update and I clicked YES but after a couple of seconds I saw a message saying that the system update failed. When the message gone away, my maps were gone, some of the settings like date and wifi are no longer preserved, etc. It seems like the update has gone wrong and some of the files got corrupted, etc. I tried the system update options but I'm getting a message saying that the car is unable to connect to nissan services, etc. I've managed to schedule a car repair on the brand next week but I would like to know if there's anything I could do on my side or if I just keep still and do nothing to get things ever worse.

I've already created an wifi hotspot on my phone and connected the car's wifi and then tried to update the system sofware or maps but I keep getting the same errors.

What are the correct steps to do the system update in terms of car state (connected or not, etc).
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

Had the same problem. You have to service the car. They'll load back everything through USB port while disconnecting and reconnecting the battery I think. After this procedure everything works fine again.
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.