DRL not working on the J11 2017 diesel left headlight.

ICE, Equipment, Options
Trex
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Trex »

Looking for anything regarding my left Front Headlight. The DRL does not work. The right one does work. The shape is a v light or tick light when lit. A Nissan service centre claimed as it is an LED light I would have to buy a complete new unit??!! £400+.
When I indicate the familiar v or tick shape does illuminate where the DRL should. The DRL does also illuminate if I have the lights on in the dark? So why does it not work during daylight?

Descarl

Post by Descarl »

ONly just got my Qashqai so not sure if it's the same but I had a similar problem with a Porsche Panamera. Porsche wanted me to buy the whole unit but in the end it turns out there was a control unit attached tothe DRL, changed that and all OK. Hope this helps.
calnorth

Post by calnorth »

On the J11b the headlight system is two channel (left and right). The external light sensor can initiate the lights as with the main lights stalk. That in turn uses the Body Control Module and Power Distribution module (IPDM) to control switching. There are two power control devices (Smart FETs) that act as power control devices within IPDM (like a fuse really). The headlight regulator/driver module is within the headlight unit and is also two channel. The light sensor works ok by the look of it. Some say this is too complicated?

I should say that the communications from the sensor/stalk are partially via a CAN Bus (data bus)...not all hard simple wiring unfortunately.

There are a number of fault candidates along the left channel. So without proper testing we can only guess
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta