Stop Start problems

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
Adey69
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by Adey69 »

My sep 2022 Qashqai has been into the dealership today as since i got it the stop start is very irregular you can have it for 1 day or 1 hour but most of the time it does not stop when i am stationary now for the laugh or i think they are having one that is why i am asking the dealer as told me that the battery has to be at 75% for the technology to work they have done a battery check and mine is at 80% so because it's so close to the 75 that is why the stop/start only works periodically no offer of anything.
now the other week i went to Hull then Bridlington then onto Scarborough i live in Loughborough Leicestershire so a good 140–150-mile trip no stop at stationary the dealers excuse because i was listening to the radio and had the google maps operating.

anyway, now to the biggest laugh from my dealer you need to buy a trickle charger and keep it connected when you are not using the car to keep the battery charged as anyone ever heard of this before i have had Fords Seats and Mercedes vans with stop/start and never had this problem

last bit of information car new 1st September August build 2600 miles done am i missing something or is my local dealer full of it

Thanks

hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

With so many people on here wishing their cars didn't have stop start in the first place...you might be better off swapping with one of them.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
ajaycad

Post by ajaycad »

I'm guessing that the car has to have certain pre-conditions before the stop/strat will operate....if your climate control is on, that will probably prevent the stop/start shutting the engine down. I have two motorcycles that are permanently plugged into smart chargers, but that's because they only come out on warm sunny days. I've never heard of anyone plugging their car into a smart charger unless its a car thats not used very often !!
2022 Tekna 158 Xtronic
calnorth
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by calnorth »

Adey69 wrote: Thu Nov 03, 2022 4:37 pm My sep 2022 Qashqai has been into the dealership today as since i got it the stop start is very irregular you can have it for 1 day or 1 hour but most of the time it does not stop when i am stationary now for the laugh or i think they are having one that is why i am asking the dealer as told me that the battery has to be at 75% for the technology to work they have done a battery check and mine is at 80% so because it's so close to the 75 that is why the stop/start only works periodically no offer of anything.
now the other week i went to Hull then Bridlington then onto Scarborough i live in Loughborough Leicestershire so a good 140–150-mile trip no stop at stationary the dealers excuse because i was listening to the radio and had the google maps operating.

anyway, now to the biggest laugh from my dealer you need to buy a trickle charger and keep it connected when you are not using the car to keep the battery charged as anyone ever heard of this before i have had Fords Seats and Mercedes vans with stop/start and never had this problem

last bit of information car new 1st September August build 2600 miles done am i missing something or is my local dealer full of it

Thanks
..;.

Sounds like a crock of...s.. Ask them to show you what error codes they have detected with their diagnostic scanner. Stop/Start can be triggered by many things related to engine and body control. A battery usually shows bad at cranking time although there is a capacity test that indicates a good or defective unit. No way should a charger be constantly connected. I use my QQ once a week doing about 25 or so miles and no such problems occur. Thats for over 3 years now.

What make is the installed Battery?
Mk2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–and onward)
1.6 Dig-T N-Connecta
joudoire

Post by joudoire »

Hi, that sounds like an absolute load of nonsense. You say you live in Loughborough, so your local delaership is Sandicliffe Loughborough? I have had no end of problems with my brand new 2022 Qashqai Tekna Plus and this dealership and their apparent after sales manager like to try and fob you off with total and utter garbage, they don't know what they are talking about.