Power folding mirrors

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
205jeremy
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by 205jeremy »

Evening all from a newbie.
Looking for info on power folding mirrors with cameras. On Friday night some lovely cherubs decided the mirrors would look nicer ripped of and thrown in the hedge 😑. Picked up a pair of seconhand with power fold and camera on Saturday. Changed everything over and they worked apart from power fold. Checked fuses and one for mirrors had blown. After the fuse was changed the mirrors folded in when car was locked on remote. This is where I'm stuck now as that's where they have stayed. Is there a reset or do they need programming for the car. Nissan firstly said they are plug and play then changed it that they would need programming at a cost of £120. I expect there's VAT on that also. Anybody shed some light on this or had the same trouble. Thanks

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Have you checked your settings for folding mirrors. Does the button on the driver door open and close the mirrors when you press it inside car. Did you not try to fit your old mirrors back on if you found 'em in the hedge ?
Last edited by andy2019 on Mon Jan 30, 2023 11:10 pm, edited 1 time in total.
205jeremy

Post by 205jeremy »

Yeah been through the settings and the button on door handle but drawn a blank. They damaged the original mirrors beyond repair when the ripped them off. All the wiring was cut and broken where they fit on door mounts.

Just been out and checked menu and it's on unfold at ignition in RED letters. When i lock car with my ear near mirror folding motor you can hear it trying to move the mirror but it's in the closed position so nowhere for it to move.
andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Open them by hand and see if the close ok after
205jeremy

Post by 205jeremy »

They will always close on locking but won't open on unlocking. I think because they were in the closed position when the original mirrors got broken off it's upset the BCM. The replacement mirrors i fitted were in the open position. When i locked the car they went to the closed position. This makes me think that it's upset the BCM as it's thinking it's got two closed positions and no opening.
Phil70

Post by Phil70 »

205jeremy wrote: ↑Wed Feb 01, 2023 8:25 am They will always close on locking but won't open on unlocking. I think because they were in the closed position when the original mirrors got broken off it's upset the BCM. The replacement mirrors i fitted were in the open position. When i locked the car they went to the closed position. This makes me think that it's upset the BCM as it's thinking it's got two closed positions and no opening.
Hi mate, did you get any joy in getting the mirrors to work or come to a dead end on it, like I have? We appear to have more or less the same issue.

Got the same problem after having a mirror ripped off. When configured in settings to either fold / unfold on ignition or locking I can get them to fold closed (with a loud clunk) but they won't re-open again.

I constantly have to manually unfold them. I have have also noticed my folding mirror switch control on drivers door doesn't work to either open or fold. Replaced the fuse for the switch but wasn't that. This means I can't do the reset I have read about.

Mirrors work apart from the folding part. Can move angle of both mirrors, wing indicators work as do all the cameras.

Did ask a main dealer if there's a computer reset that can sort a 'home' position for the mirrors but they quoted me just shy of Β£1k to replace both mirrors!!!! Didn't bother with that option.

Just wondered if you had any more luck and is so what the resolution was.

Cheers,

Phil
Dio1969

Post by Dio1969 »

If you've still got your old mirrors, there's two of us on here looking for the same replacement part (lower cover of wing mirror)