Cabin temperature changing

Forum for the Nissan Qashqai e-Power
MontyB52
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MontyB52 »

Since having the E-Power I've noticed the in car temperature setting keeps resetting itself to 23 degrees, I've lowered it to 19-21, even had the 2 sides set differently, but for some reason every now & then I feel it getting wamer, check the reeading & its back at 23 degrees, its as though its possesseed!
it does it in manula mode as well.

I contacted Nissan support & they say
"its the operation of a feature called "Set Temperature Correction”, it is designed to correct the target temperature set through the dedicated control dial so as to match the temperature felt by the passengers depending on the ambient temperature detected by an ambient sensor and control it so that the in-vehicle temperature is always the most suitable.
There is also a sunload sensor which performs correction to adjust to the recognition sunload temperature for example within the tunnel."
it needs to go to the dealer to be checked - though they coudln't say if its a fault!

Anyone else had this issue?
Is it something on the e-powers or all Qashqais now?
72 plate E-Power N-Connecta in Burgundy 8-)

MikeGC

Post by MikeGC »

It hasn’t happened to my J12 but I have heard of this fault/feature.
I’m unconvinced that it’s a feature but if Nissan insist then I guess it must be correct
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
gloucester
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by gloucester »

Sounds like they're fobbing you off to me.
(2015 Nissan Qashqai Tekna DIG-T 1.2 sold 15/6/18) ~ 2018 Suzuki Ignis SZ5 - 2018 Yamaha MT-07 ~ (2024 Volvo EX30 ordered)
NickB73

Post by NickB73 »

The explanation makes sense, all cars with climate control do that. I think they’ve failed to understand the question / issue of the HVAC control display changing to a diff set temp with no interaction by the user. Getting that checked by dealer sounds right.
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

thanks for the replies.
I noticed in the manual on page 207 there is a small section titled:
Automatic air intake control (where fitted):
If the indicator light on the air recirculation button is illuminated, push and hold the button with the light illuminated (the indicator light will blink
twice). The automatic air intake control mode is set.
Haven't a clue what the "Automatic air intake control" is meant to do, I've held in the air recirculation button & did notice it flashed twice, so don't know if it did anything, but I'm still finding the set temperature adjusted itself back to 23.

Another thing I have noticed, when I press the air recirculation button the A/C comes on as well, I press the A/C button to cancel the A/C, but it cancels the recirculation as well! From memory its standard that the A/C will come on when the Recirculation is pressed, but I cannot remember if you should be able to cancel the A/C. It does it in both AUTO & manual mode.
Is this standard?
xavpiq

Post by xavpiq »

MontyB52 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:14 pm thanks for the replies.
I noticed in the manual on page 207 there is a small section titled:
Automatic air intake control (where fitted):
If the indicator light on the air recirculation button is illuminated, push and hold the button with the light illuminated (the indicator light will blink
twice). The automatic air intake control mode is set.
Haven't a clue what the "Automatic air intake control" is meant to do, I've held in the air recirculation button & did notice it flashed twice, so don't know if it did anything, but I'm still finding the set temperature adjusted itself back to 23.
This function should activate automatic recirculation when bad air is sensed from outside. Just stay behind a diesel truck and check if you can smell any difference when this function is activated or not. Which trim level is your car? I tried with mine but no double blink...
Qashqai J12 N-Connecta, 140 hp manual.
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

I have a epower N-Connecta.
If I follow what the manual says, recirculation on, then press & hold the button, it doesn’t blink twice.
If it’s off then I press & hold the button, it does blink twice!
So I think I don’t have the feature as it’s not blinking when already on.

Today I’ve something else change by itself - AUTO mode is off, air flow to the floor only, can speed on 2.
All of a sudden the fan speed changed to 4!

Either there is a fault with the climate control unit or as the 2.1kwh battery is under the front seats Nissan have added other sensors to the Epower to assist the battery function - if that’s the case Nissan need to tell us owners about it.
MontyB52

Post by MontyB52 »

I’ve ran some more tests on the air recirculation/ AC issue.
If while driving I press the air recirculation button the A/C light comes on, if I press the A/C button to cancel the A/C it cancels both.
When I first get in the car & just press the power button (no foot on brake, so don’t “start” the motor), I press the recirculation button, again the A/C light comes on, but if I press the A/C button, ONLY the A/C goes off!
Very weird behaviour.
I’ve also tested it on my mates Qashqai MH, in both scenarios, pressing the A/C cancels only the A/C.
So it’s definitely either a faulty climate control unit or have Nissan changed its behaviour on the E-Power!

Could someone with an epower test this out on their car for me & see what you find?
Thanks
M
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

I would pop back to the dealers and get them to check out the air con etc on the same spec car as you have and then you'll no for sure if you have a problem or not 😉
panormus72

Post by panormus72 »

MontyB52 wrote: Sun Feb 05, 2023 7:14 pm Another thing I have noticed, when I press the air recirculation button the A/C comes on as well, I press the A/C button to cancel the A/C, but it cancels the recirculation as well! From memory its standard that the A/C will come on when the Recirculation is pressed, but I cannot remember if you should be able to cancel the A/C. It does it in both AUTO & manual mode.
Is this standard?
I tested to mine e-power a few minutes ago, and when i press the air recirculation the A/C it's not comes on,if i don't press the button of A/C. When i cancel the A/C button,the air recirculation it stays on if i've activated precedently.
In summary,i saw that the buttons of air recirculation and A/C works separetly and independly each from other.

P.S. Excuse me for my english, i'm a Greek.
Last edited by panormus72 on Sun Feb 26, 2023 8:16 pm, edited 2 times in total.