Glove box screws missing - where to buy?

Bodywork & Interior problems
denthomp77
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by denthomp77 »

Qashqai 1.2 DIG-T Petrol 2017

Hi my glove box has a rattle, and upon looking there are 2 screw holes with no screws that have been covered with small black 'dot' stickers. I am guessing they were put there when manufactured.

I swapped some of the small black glove box screws (see photo) around and it seems to help quieten the rattle.

But now I have 2 holes with no screws - any idea where I can get these or the ref number? It looks like they are used around the interior, I see the heads on the steering column as well.

I asked my Nissan dealer who told me they don't have any, and probably best/cheaper to go to a hardware shop! I did that, and my little local shop that has every screw in the world didn't have any of these!

Any advice as to where I can get them much appreciated.

screw.jpg

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

I would go to a local scrap yard and get a few. You may find that they got lost when the last owner was replaceing the pollen filter
Deanclarkend
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Deanclarkend »

Dealing with missing screws can be quite a puzzle, but it's awesome that you've been resourceful in trying to fix the rattle in your glove box. It's interesting how those small details can make a difference in the overall experience.

As for finding those missing screws, have you considered checking out Scrooz Australia? They offer a wide range of screws and hardware items that might just have what you're looking for. It's worth a shot considering your local shop didn't have them.

Best of luck with your quest to fix the glove box, and I hope you find the perfect screws to get it sorted!