Qashqai 1.5dci j10 k9k 106bhp engine 2010

General Chat about the Mk1 QashQai
haywardn
Qashqai Model: Mk.1 Qashqai - J10 (2006–2013)

Post by haywardn »

Hi I am in trouble an could do with some help.
Have had problems cold starting (5deg C or colder) it for several years but always started eventually. Now something has failed it will not start even when ambient temp is 15degC or above sometimes, and when this happens no glow coil lamp on dash and the radiator coolant fan comes on high speed. In fact it is now certain that when no dash coil light and noisy coolant fan = non start. I can come back to the car an hour or so later and glow plug lamp comes on and no radiator coolant fan and car starts normally.
My first thought was to try an OB2 scan - tested it running and non running and it threw up P0381 error. Have swapped out the Glow Plug Relay, this made no improvement. tested the resistances of the glow plugs at the relay connector when it will not start and got no ohms reading /open circuit (meter across each pin in plug and to a good earth point).
As this is random could this be a temp sensor breaking down (telling the car its hot so no glow plug light on cold day hence coolant fan is on perhaps).
Has anyone had a similar condition or any ideas what may be wrong?

andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

have you fitted a new batt and new glo-plugs yet ? and when did you last replace the fuel filter ?
haywardn

Post by haywardn »

Hi Andy, Battery is fairly new, I have a new fuel filter ready to put on sitting in the car which I purchased before this last problem. The glow plugs are due to be delivered today, so will put them on first and see if that improves things. I am intrigued, why would I get open circuit at all 4 glow plug connectors, and what causes the cooling fan to operate at full speed?
haywardn

Post by haywardn »

Fitted 4 new Glowplugs and it still has the non start problem, could this be engine temp sensor playing up?
haywardn

Post by haywardn »

I noticed that when locking the car the immobiliser makes an unusual beep, like there is a fault/door open. The red car with key stays illuminated on dash. Could this be an immobiliser problem intermittently making car non start? If so does anyone know of a work around?