Dashboard PSI illumination

General / Ordering Forum for the new 2021 (J12) Qashqai
rkgooner89
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by rkgooner89 »

20230617_050934.jpg

20230617_050744.jpg

Hi can someone please help.

I just bought a second hand Qashqai 3 weeks ago. Prior to this purchase I had a Honda Civic for 16 years. Today I just parked up on a side road so as to catch a train into work and a warning light flashed up on the dashboard about PSI. I quickly took a picture of the dashboard and tyre, and it looks like a low tyre pressure warning. Obviously, I cant do anything about it until I return back to the car after I finish work. But can I ask, if anyone knows what the blue numbers in the picture mean, also the numbers for all 4 wheels show different numbers, with the front driver’s side showing a PSI of 41, why is this so significantly different to the 3 other tyres/wheels. I did try to google this but got confused about what it all means.
Can I please take the time to thank you in advance for any guidance that you may be able to give.

YC69 WDU reg plate.

MikeGC
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by MikeGC »

The blue numbers are the correct pressures for the tyre on that “axle”. On the driver’s door side of the car body there’s a sticker showing the various required pressures for different loading of the car.
So the rear tyres are almost right.
The driver’s side is high, goodness knows why someone would think that was O.K.
The pressure you have will be safe for you to get home, or to a garage, and adjust the pressures to the recommended levels.

Once you have the tyres at the correct pressures, a drive of a few miles should reset the monitoring system
March '22 - J12 1.3DIG-T 160 CVT Tekna+ with all wheel drive - Pearl Black
July '19 - J11B 1.3DIG-T 160 DCT Tekna - Vivid Blue
March '17 - Qashqai J11A 1.5dci n-connecta - gunmetal
September '14 - Juke 1.5dci gunmetal ascenta premium (red accent packs)
rkgooner89

Post by rkgooner89 »

I am New to this site, so just wanted to say thanks to the Reply by MIKEGC,

I will have a look at the tyres when I get back to the car late today. A bit miffed with the tyre pressure indicator flashing up low PSI this morning, concerned that the indicator didn't flash up tyre pressure too high but not having any experience of modern cars maybe this indicator cant do that. The car was driven from the dealer (i purchased the car in Portsmouth) back to London by myself with those tyres like that, i did not put any air in the tyres. One of the selling points from the dealer was that the car had recently passed a MOT, which gave me some peace of mind.
andy2019
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by andy2019 »

Could be a few reasons why 1 tyre pressure so high. Just had new tyre put on and garage didn't bother to check if correct air in. Also it can have slow air leak so last owner puts too much air in so it takes longer to show up on dash that it's going down.
Re-check all your pressures when cold. 33 front. 30 rear.
rkgooner89

Post by rkgooner89 »

andy2019 wrote: Sat Jun 17, 2023 10:08 am Could be a few reasons why 1 tyre pressure so high. Just had new tyre put on and garage didn't bother to check if correct air in. Also it can have slow air leak so last owner puts too much air in so it takes longer to show up on dash that it's going down.
Re-check all your pressures when cold. 33 front. 30 rear.
Thanks for that advice, i will do as you have suggested.