Delivery time

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
CarGuyUK
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by CarGuyUK »

I’ve seen a few people over on Facebook say their delivery has slipped from now till November too. I’m wondering if there is some kind of issue that they are not making public, seems odd it’s just epower versions. I took delivery of my mild hybrid model on the 12th from ordering in March and I could have had mine 3 weeks earlier as it had been made quicker than expected but could not take delivery as was away.
J12 2023 DIG-T Mild Hybrid Manual Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Please like & Subscribe www.youtube.com/@carguyuk

Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

My mild hybrid Xtronic order was put back three months from the start of June with very little notice, so it's not just e-power orders affected.
Tekna Xtronic ordered April 2023 collected September 2023
CarGuyUK

Post by CarGuyUK »

Jamie307 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:08 am My mild hybrid Xtronic order was put back three months from the start of June with very little notice, so it's not just e-power orders affected.
What will your total wait be from order to when quoted now? My dealer said there should be no more than a 3-4 month wait for any QQ to be ordered to delivery but I have read some people mention 8 months wait. There has to be a clear issue with that amount of time
J12 2023 DIG-T Mild Hybrid Manual Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Please like & Subscribe www.youtube.com/@carguyuk
blank0502

Post by blank0502 »

Well I'm now 8 months with my e power qq. Has anyone had an e power qq delivered over the last month I wonder? Maybe they have identified an issue with it that they might have to do a recall on all other e powers.
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Or it's the summer factory shut down????
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

MrMarkyD wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 11:36 pm
Jamie307 wrote: Sat Jul 22, 2023 6:08 am My mild hybrid Xtronic order was put back three months from the start of June with very little notice, so it's not just e-power orders affected.
What will your total wait be from order to when quoted now? My dealer said there should be no more than a 3-4 month wait for any QQ to be ordered to delivery but I have read some people mention 8 months wait. There has to be a clear issue with that amount of time
It was three months when I placed the order at the start of March, then two weeks before collection it moved out to six months.

I presume it's a parts issue, rather than anything local at the factory.
Sevvie

Post by Sevvie »

Was lucky decided which model e power white black roof rung fairly local dealer had model in show room ordered on Wednesday the wanted to register by 30th June picked up on following Wednesday got around 4k off plus few accessories added very pleased with car just been on long run got 60mpg used on epedel most of time
Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

hootintootin wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:46 am Or it's the summer factory shut down????
That's a two week break, which as it happens every year would have been incorporated into the estimated delivery dates.
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

Jamie307 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:22 pm
hootintootin wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 5:46 am Or it's the summer factory shut down????
That's a two week break, which as it happens every year would have been incorporated into the estimated delivery dates.
No not always. The shut down can be extended particularly if there is a shortage of components or alterations at the factory.

Dealers rarely know their bottoms from their elbows when it comes to delivery times. At best they guess.

Some other car companies are still operating over 12 month waits and some still haven't brought all their models back yet due to component shortages.
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
Jamie307

Post by Jamie307 »

hootintootin wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 2:31 pm
Jamie307 wrote: Sun Jul 23, 2023 12:22 pm
No not always. The shut down can be extended particularly if there is a shortage of components or alterations at the factory.

Dealers rarely know their bottoms from their elbows when it comes to delivery times. At best they guess.

Some other car companies are still operating over 12 month waits and some still haven't brought all their models back yet due to component shortages.
Well yes, an annual summer shutdown would be known about well in advance, as would an extended summer shutdown for factory alterations. These would be incorporated into advised delivery times.

An unplanned shutdown or slowdown or delays to production of certain vehicles that happened due to an unexpected component shortage wouldn't be described as "the summer factory shut down" - in any case Qashqais are clearly still coming off the line, otherwise it would be in the media.

What we don't know is how they would handle a component shortage. I suspect it would be less efficient to delay all affected vehicles to reflect the reduced supply, than to simply carry on as normal with a proportion and push the rest back to the start of the queue.

Say for example it's a 50% reduction in supply of 19" wheels for the Tekna. Rather than halving the Tekna output for 6 months, they would probably prefer to stop it completely for 3 months. But I'm just speculating really in the absence of any concrete information at all.