Delivery time

Non-Technical Nissan QashQai chat. Mk2, Mk3
blank0502
Qashqai Model: Mk.3 Qashqai - J12 (2021+) New Model

Post by blank0502 »

Hiya, new to the forums and new to Nissan too.

I feel like I have been messed about with at the dealership, where I first placed my order with.

I placed an order for an Qashqai, e power, tekna model (White with black roof) on March 5th.
I was told it would be due in May.
I was told I would be kept up to date with emails and phone calls on how far along my order has been.
The emails I have been getting lots of, random ones about what to expect from your new car and so fourth. nothing about the order it self.
So June came and I have still heard nothing from the dealership regarding, my now LATE car order.
So I phoned them up on the 6th June and asked to speak to the person I completed my order with. I was told he was off that day and would get a call back the following day.
The following day nothing again, so I rang back and asked for the same person again, this time I was told he was off sick.
Getting a little inpatient now, I just asked for a call back with anyone who can tell me where my car is.
Following day at 6pm I finally get a call from a random person from said dealership, telling me the person who placed my order has been long term sick.
He then goes to say my order will be ready around august... (3 months late) with no apology for either not letting me know its going to be late and not keeping me up to date.
My main question here, has anyone else placed an order for a similar car to mine around the similar time to me and waited 6 months for it?
One thing I did get last week was another email saying, the car is almost here! (still 3 months still to go) and with information of the hand over.

Can anyone here please tell me you all got this level of service and these emails?
Thank you

AndyMorris

Post by AndyMorris »

Four months is around the current lead time, so you should (might) see the mota next month.
My dealership where a bag of shite too, I must say its my first experience with Nissan and imho they are crap.
Fortunately not as bad as BMW, who are the greatest snobs, Seat & Subaru are the best I've dealt with.
Tekna E-Power, Ceramic grey 2 tone.
Ordered 17th Jan expected 31st March arrived 30th May 2023!
CarGuyUK

Post by CarGuyUK »

I placed my order around 20th March for the mild hybrid version and was told delivery would take a few months and to expect to get the car sometime during July (currently Waiting). A couple ordering at the same time ordered an E-Power and were told August purely based on a high demand currently for the cars with E-Power models taking longer. Your dealership should have known this also and set a reasonable expectation, sounds like the old tactics of saying you will get it faster just to make sure the sale was made, its not really acceptable in this day an age and feel your pain on waiting. I had to wait 6 months for my current 3008 when Covid closed down the factories, was gutted.

Hope we both get our cars soon :)
J12 2023 DIG-T Mild Hybrid Manual Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Please like & Subscribe www.youtube.com/@carguyuk
vmaxphil

Post by vmaxphil »

Our dealer quoted us 5-8 months for a e power n connecta but agreed to sell us there demonstrater in 4 weeks in the colour we wanted 👍
blank0502

Post by blank0502 »

Thank you guys, glad to hear im not alone in this boat of deception.
I do feel a bit cheated in this, I am very much looking forward to the car and was hoping I would have it by mid July as we are going for a drive away holiday.
but what can you do...
hootintootin

Post by hootintootin »

blank0502 wrote: Tue Jun 20, 2023 9:39 am
but what can you do...
Buy from dealer stock

https://www.nissan.co.uk/buy/cars-for-sale
QQ Tekna AWD Xtronic ordered Aug 2021and arrived Dec 2021
CarGuyUK

Post by CarGuyUK »

blank0502 wrote: Mon Jun 19, 2023 9:37 pm Hiya, new to the forums and new to Nissan too.

I feel like I have been messed about with at the dealership, where I first placed my order with.

I placed an order for an Qashqai, e power, tekna model (White with black roof) on March 5th.
I was told it would be due in May.
I was told I would be kept up to date with emails and phone calls on how far along my order has been.
The emails I have been getting lots of, random ones about what to expect from your new car and so fourth. nothing about the order it self.
So June came and I have still heard nothing from the dealership regarding, my now LATE car order.
So I phoned them up on the 6th June and asked to speak to the person I completed my order with. I was told he was off that day and would get a call back the following day.
The following day nothing again, so I rang back and asked for the same person again, this time I was told he was off sick.
Getting a little inpatient now, I just asked for a call back with anyone who can tell me where my car is.
Following day at 6pm I finally get a call from a random person from said dealership, telling me the person who placed my order has been long term sick.
He then goes to say my order will be ready around august... (3 months late) with no apology for either not letting me know its going to be late and not keeping me up to date.
My main question here, has anyone else placed an order for a similar car to mine around the similar time to me and waited 6 months for it?
One thing I did get last week was another email saying, the car is almost here! (still 3 months still to go) and with information of the hand over.

Can anyone here please tell me you all got this level of service and these emails?
Thank you
update from my side since 20th March order date, car is going through pre checks, have reg plate details and it will be ready to delivery to me shortly, I have asked for mid July when im off work and can enjoy it for a few days
J12 2023 DIG-T Mild Hybrid Manual Tekna in Magnetic Blue
Please like & Subscribe www.youtube.com/@carguyuk
blank0502

Post by blank0502 »

does look like the mild hybrid is quicker than the e power ones but I'll check in with the dealership at the start of July to see if anything has changed. Was told they would keep me up to date but I cant trust these as far as I can through them.
Gracie59
Qashqai Model: Still looking for one....

Post by Gracie59 »

Motability customer and newbie here. Ordered QQ tekna e-power March 29th, expected delivery end of June. I texted my dealer at the end of June and got a reply that there was an issue with getting parts for e-power models and delivery has been pushed back until September 15th. I'm wondering if these models are even being made at the moment...they were taken off the Motability list for this quarter. Note that I had to nudge the dealer for the update...otherwise...nothing but silence 🤷‍♀️.
blank0502

Post by blank0502 »

just an update, after getting in touch with my dealership several more times and being told it will be ready 1st week in august until 2 days ago now being told its now 1st week of NOVEMEBER! yep, im waiting 8 months now for this car!
Im using motorability too and ordered a white and black colour, what colour did you go for?