Creak from boot

General Information Forum for the J11 QashQai. (Formerly Order Forum)
Stuartsjj
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai - J11 (2013–2017)

Post by Stuartsjj »

Hi
Wonder if anyone can help me please. I a loud creak coming from the rear/boot area. It only happens over rough road like a road hump etc or when the chassis flexes if that makes sense. It sounds a like plastic creak not anything to worry about as such but it’s driving me nuts and I just can’t find it. I’ve been in back while daughter drive for me but I just can’t pinpoint it.
I just wondered if anyone had come across this before?

Thanks in advance
Stu

andy2019

Post by andy2019 »

Have you tried takeing the parcel shelf out and see if that makes a diffrence
Stuartsjj

Post by Stuartsjj »

andy2019 wrote: Sun Jun 25, 2023 7:19 pm Have you tried takeing the parcel shelf out and see if that makes a diffrence
Hi Andy thanks for the reply. Yeah I’ve completely emptied the boot. Taken the floor panels out and parcel shelf. It’s more of a loud plastic creak than a rattle and only does it when the chassis is twisting. Flat roads it’s perfectly quiet.

Thanks again for the reply it’s appreciated
Stu
Stuartsjj

Post by Stuartsjj »

Anyone please?
Squashy2
Qashqai Model: Mk.2 Qashqai Facelift - J11b (2017–2021)

Post by Squashy2 »

Stuartsjj wrote: Fri Jun 30, 2023 12:48 am Anyone please?
Extremely hard for members to give advice as every car is different and with not seeing/hearing it in the flesh I would advise asking someone to drive, fold down one part of the rear seat back, you sit on the other side and listen out for the annoying creak, then do the opposite side until you can isolate the noise.
Could be any number of trim panels in the boot, it may even be the seat backs but this is the only way that I can think of to relieve you of the creaks.
Personally I've spent weeks in the past to find where noises, rattles and creaks were coming from, as someone who never has the ICE on the QQ was full of annoying noises, not anymore!
Complete silence. Time+patience+sticky felt strips and you'd be amazed at how silent the car becomes.
I really hear your frustrations, but spend a little time to investigate and you'll be pleasantly surprised with the results.
2018 Acenta 1.2 DIG-T in Gunmetal grey.
Uniroyal Rain expert 5
Bonnet lifting struts

Previous QQ 2007 1.6 petrol Acenta (102K miles)
Pandjh

Post by Pandjh »

Same kind of issue, different car. Turned out to be the boot hinge. Check for movement there, perhaps wedge gaps with rolled up cloths so there's no chance of movement.

Same car, different kind of noise. Turned out to be the roof lining above the rear passenger seat, easy to check by having a passenger apply light upward pressure while you drive. Fixed by wedging rolled up cloths in gap accessed from back of car, ie through the boot hatch and by pulling down the roof lining a little where it meets the frame of the car.

Same car, different kind of noise. Rear passenger seat belt unit where it sticks out from the car seat. Again have passenger hold it firm whilst driving to see if its that.
2019 1.3 DiG-T 160 Tekna, black (J11b)
prev 2015 1.2 DiG-T n-tec+, black (J11)
prev 2009 1.5 dCi Acenta, black (J10)
phatboy

Post by phatboy »

Mine was the rear anti roll bar, according to the garage. Needed a new bush.
2018 Qashqai Tekna + DCT Dig-T 160
gosh

Post by gosh »

same prob here as well .nissan dealer had it in 4 times ......tried every thing from foam in all compartments to complete strip down in the rear inc bumper off and packed ,rear window hatch took off and re set ,roof lining strip and packed ,glass roof foamed under the lining and thenrear seats took out and put back in,dont know whwt they done ,but after having car for over 2 weks came back quiet .....tht lasted about 6 weeks bfore starting again ,not as bad as before ,but there .....
they say wont do it again unless payment is made ,only done it the last time because of a rocurring fault .....the clicking clonking noise drove me crazy ..............thing is people in the rear swore noise was up front ,me driving sounded like passenger rear,front passenger thought it was behind the drivers seat .... :? just shows the noise itself must travel.hope you all get it sorted
Stuartsjj

Post by Stuartsjj »

Thank you all I really appreciate it

I’ll start stripping bits etc and let you know how I get on

Thank you again
Stu
Stuartsjj

Post by Stuartsjj »

Quick update. More stumped than ever now. Stripped everything and it was still doing it.
Opened tailgate and drove round and it was quiet as a baby. I’ve stripped all the plastics from tailgate and gone through everything but once boot is shut it’s there again. I’ve adjusted the striker to no avail too. Funny thing was though I disconnected the gas struts and even though still there nowhere near as bad??